E6330: Waiting on DSMOS . . . during install

Poolchamp

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, update. Graphics glitches appear to be gone. I am now on the A11 bios after dropping down to A2.  Seems like a ridiculous process, but thanks for the tip.  I knew that A13 and up was bad, so I intentionally updated to A12, but I never would have found that in a million years.

BTW, it dawned on me that a windows install disk will work just fine for upgrading the bios.  I spent hours on this and it was sitting in the drawer next to me . . . ugh.  

So, upward and onward. The only other problem I seem to have is no sound.  I'll start digging.  You guys have been awesome.  Thank you so much for all your help.

That is correct.  I installed it via Kext Wizard and ran fix perms and rebuild cache.  Rebooted.  No audio devices.  Not even if I plug in headphones.  Also looks like my USB3.0 ports are not working after installing GenericUSBXHCI.kext and enabling -gux_defer_usb2 bootflag.  The annoying part is knowing it worked perfect for someone else . . . but I won't quit, not this close.

This will have to go on the back burner until tomorrow I think.

This file contains everything in my current EFI/CLOVER directory.  I just tried installing the xhcidxe drivers through the Clover Configurator.  However, it did not change anything for me.

As an update, what I have done is completely reinstall Yosemite on a freshly formatted hard drive.  Then I replaced all of the kexts with the ones from the thread I previously linked to in the CLOVER/kexts folder and added the wifiinject kext.  Then I used the KextWizard to install the AppleHDA_IDT and GenericUSBXHCI kexts.  I verified those are in the S/L/E folder and I am not getting any Kext load errors.  With no change for either situation, I then installed the xchixde drivers, both 32 and 64 bit. 

After none of that worked, I tried disabling the AppleHDA patches, but still no change, so I re-enabled those.

I am now at a total loss.  I need someone smarter than me to fix it . . . please.  You guys have been more than awesome so far and I really appreciate your help.

CLOVER.zip

So I am trying to figure this out.  The file you gave me, is that supposed to be a patch I need to open in MaciASL and apply to my DSDT generated from my hardware?  Then place the patched DSDT in the patched folder?  DSDTs are something entirely new to me, so please have patience.