E6430 DSDT

UpTheIrons!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't crash. It works properly, but no Webcam, no iMessage nor Docking station.

When I tried to patch those errors using alternate DSDT then the system crashes.

What I'm looking for is to fix Webcam, iMessage and Docking station using your DSDT if possible.

• Moderators

Did you generate a new smbios with Clover Config? 

to fix iMessage, try this

-run "uuidgen" in terminal and paste the result into the SmUUID block in the SMBIOS page of Clover Configurator

-on the same page, copy and paste the contents of the Serial Number block into the Board Serial Number block, adding 5 random HEX characters (digits) to the end

webcam could be an USB issue. I'll have check on that, webcam was working OOB for me the last time I checked though. Will confirm later

Docking station will be an USB Issue as well, only on El Capitain, Yosemite won't have this issue due to the way El Capitan injects USB devices

Ok. iMessage fixed. I had generated a new smbios but did not run the uuidgen steps

Now, here's what happened to my webcam. I installed everything following your guide, during OS X initial configuration the webcam was working, allowing me to take a pic to set as my user account avatar. During the next few hours the webcam was still working, and I could even make a FaceTime call. I closed my computer lid and went to take some rest. When I came back, open the lid and tried another FaceTime call, I got a message saying: no camera available.

I didn't change anything from your original topic, as a computer without webcam doesn't refrain me from using it.

Not listed.

EDIT: You're probably right about it being something with the USB. I just notice my USB 3.0 port is not working. 2.0 works just fine.

EDIT 2: After restarting USB 3.0 came back to life.

EDIT 3: So, I tested DSDT attached. It gives me basically all functionality I had in your DSDT, plus docking station partially working. It won't recognize external monitor in any port (DVI, DP or VGA), but I have ethernet connectivity and USB.

DSDT_New.aml.zip