/!\ WARNING: 10.11.4 update

Hervé

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Although it fixes the KP issue, it doesn't work well. It lacks the scrolling feature with the trackstick. 

The issue with the cursor jumping up and right after you lift the finger from the trackstick is back.

Highlighting is also not working with the trackstick. 

• Administrators

did anyone ever track down exactly what part of the kext causes the kp. like is it the container kext of the voodoops2 or if it's one of it's inner plugins? it might be something stupid. maybe a link to source code of the desired broken one i can try compile for you guys to test? we had similar issues in the past which is why we had put together the Anv/slice trackpad option in EDP. we merged (i.e.: cherry picked through the kext/plugins) the better working plugins and the outer kext to make a working solution for that kp issue at that time.

• Moderators

I can confirm the VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext in plugin is the cause. Replacing it with a really old one without all the trackstick fixes, the KP is gone.

With Dr. Hurts OldHack version, I'm still getting KP after sleep. Also with that version, the trackstick movement is too fast. If I slow it down to 0 (all the way to the left) it'll work, but then the touchpad is too slow. Not sure if Hervé is experiencing the same on his hack.

• Administrators

didnt we need a ps2nub kext with the old kext back in the day? maybe it's needed with Dr.hurts version if it was based on code before ps2nub was integrated? i remember also having ps2nub and the new ps2 kext with it injected together also caused kp's at boot.

I had troubles with VoodooPS2Controller on my E6220 with Clover, but it was fixed when I installed an older Clover version r3333

I really can't explain why but it solved the issue.

PS. It's the same kext from Herve's e6220 guide for Enoch