/!\ WARNING: 10.11.4 update

Hervé

Same issue..  place the 1.8.9 version into S/L/E or L/E  and Panic occurs. Replace the 1.8.9 issue with 1.8.16 or 1.8.21 and no panic but battery info in task bar vanishes (and can not restore from preference pane (just automatically clears the box when you select it)) and Trackpad does not work

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

@Sorcerer,

VoodooPS2Controller is not included with Clover and Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller supports mainly Synaptics Touchpad, not Alps.

I have an E6420 running both versions 1.8.8 and 1.8.9 and no issue with KP. If your KP is related to VoodooPS2Controller v1.8.9, then try 1.8.8. 

It's found in the E6420 bootpack here.

• Administrators

Did a fresh 10.11.2 installation on my E6230 followed by basic 10.11.4 update (Recovery + Thunderbolt updates not installed). Was still using VoodooPS2Controller 1.8.9 and all ran Ok (at least half a dozen reboots done) until I executed the "sudo trimforce enable" command to enable SSD trim. Systematic KP afterwards but, indeed, using v1.8.21 allowed me to boot back in.

Well i re-installed the 1.8.9 version of the VoodooPS2Controller.kext. Apparently this is a "Modified" of rehabman's controller and was included in the Vietnam Tool. this version allows the ALPS multi-touch features of the trackpad (as buggy and over sensitive as they are).. 

i ran the sudo trimforce disable command system said it was disabling trimforce and rebooted the system.. Still get the Kernel Panic.

Strange thing is the kernel panic only happens on the first boot after a shutdown. subsequent boots apparently succeed. and if you restart from a successful boot (NOT SHUTDOWN) it boots normally as well (maybe something being held in NVRAM). also crashes when waking from sleep.

well i downloaded the latest Vietnam Tool (1.9.6) from Insanelymac. and used it to tweak the clover config and apply some kext patching and additional kexts where needed for a Intel HD4600 Haswell-E system.  

And no more kernel panic. Trackpad is working sound is working, battery info is not (i did not try installing the battery stuff but will try that next). 

have completely shutdown and restarted 4 times thus far and no panic.. 

will try getting battery info being reported and try some more tweaking.. But first i think i'll start fresh again and do a clean 10.11.4 install

Ok, on my E6420 I replaced the VoodooPS2Controller.kext with the latest version from RehabMan's repository. As expected the touchpad no longer works. However, I now have a new problem. Now if I boot without cpus=1 it hibernates during boot after the first part of the booting progress bar. Very weird.