E7270 / E7470: Skylake HD 520 now supported in El Capitan

Jake Lo

Great, this means that we will surely have a new Skylake Macbook Pro this year.

Have you tried if touchscreen works in OS X 10.11.4 with those E7270/E7470?

It's interesting to check if latest OS X already has some touchscreen support ?

• Moderators

My E7270 doesn't have the touchscreen so can't verify it. There's still no real support for MVNe M.2 SSD drive so I'm installing it to an external USB drive for now. You'll need to set DVMT preallocation in the BIOS to 0x3 @ 0x432 to get full QE/CI like the Broadwell system.

I got audio to work with the same codec as my E7450, but after 2 minutes, it starts to become distort. Not sure if the cause is due to booting from USB or not. Can't verify until I could get it to install to the internal drive.

SDCard reader has switched from O2Micro which is supported with a simple DSDT patch to Realtec Reader, not sure if there's support to it for now, it' not on the priority list.

So far no HDMI audio support. Still testing when there's spare time.

Update: HDMI audio working with new boot files.

• Like 1

Hello,

thank you!

I think I´ve not installed a special driver for M.2. But it is important to switch to AHCI and UEFI in BIOS.

If you don´t switch you can not see your M.2.

I used FakeSMC.kext, GenericUSBXHCI.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext from Rehabman:

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/

And bootloader I´ve installed Clover_v2.3k_r3424.

It is required to replace the original config.plist installed by clover with config_HD520_530_540.plist from Rehabman:

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

For touchpad I´ve copied ApplePS2Controller.kext from your archive (E7450_update.zip).

• Moderators

A bit of update here. Just figured why it's not detecting my internal SSD (by the way, it's not NVMe). My DSDT patching was not correct and inadvertently disabled SATA drives. By removing my DSDT, I was successful in installing to the internal drive.

Here's a screenshot of MacOS Sierra. Not quite ready, with some artifacts on the upper left corner, audio and brightness Fn keys don't work, sleeping issue, but promising. 

Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 12.34.50 PM.png

• Like 1