E7450 ElCapitan - fix and finetune

rschultz101

Got my E7450 up and running, few issues remain though:

• Plenty of early reboots. In many cases it works in some it take up to 10 resets to start
  • Sleep/Wake is unstable; sometimes seems that instant wake is a problem
  • I loose sound and trackpad after failed sleeps
  • Plenty of these messages:
    • No interval found for . Using 8000000
    • EAPDFix: Speakers EAPD is working.
    • ACPIBatteryManager: WARNING! fCurrentCapacity > fMaxCapacity. adjusted fCurrentCapacity from 7200, to 7100

what is actually patched in the SSDT-7.dsl? I patched on my own at the beginning but some stuff didn't work so I wonder.

I still cannot engage the 4G module...

• Moderators

what is your system's specs?

What version of bios is it running?

Did you set BIOS to default and then change the settings according to the guide?

There's no patch added to SSDT-7, but only fixes. It's required for SATA drives to be detected.

• Moderators

I have A10 in my guide, but I just updated to A12 just to see if I encounter any of the issue you listed...mainly the early reboots, no audio and trackpad.

So far no issue, sleep and wake works just fine with the same bootpack.

Updated to A13 is a different story, sleep is no longer working. Tried recreating cache to see if it makes a difference, sleep works but won't wake with LID open, have to tap the power button.

I'm going to export new DSDT/SSDT and repatch them. Will upload when I'm done testing them.

• Like 1

OK my mistake was not to use the complete Bootpack. I removed the old Clover directory completely now and used the bootpack from the scratch. Went into BIOS, loaded the defaults and changed one option to AHCI. I couldn't find the UEFI/CSM option anymore. It just gives you the option to support legacy boot which was deactivated. So I left that alone.

The results?

Sleep/wake same as yours with A13 other than that not a single issue. No early reboots, sleep/wake works for sound and keyboard/touchpad. Oh: pull the power jack than sleep will work automatically or by checking it in the Apple menu.

And: I went back and shot the chowns and chmods as the guide is asking. So the simple truth is: follow the guide to the letter.

Downgrading BIOS is possible, right? I mean if everything works with A12 as desired I'll consider downgrading to make everything work. What the heck...