10.11.4 kernel panic

Sorcerer

Yup same result kernel panic. Started playing with clovers binaries patching and managed to boot.. I'm running clover 3340 so it is old I'll try updating clover to latest iteration (3368).

Also going to make a time machine backup to preserve the current iMovie project in working on...

Did you install offered Recovery + Thunderbolt updates? This is what causes the same KPs on all of my E6xx0 after updating to 10.11.4.

Did not even get that option.. it essentially auto updated over the long weekend... had it running all long weekend..  then when i shutdown it KP'd and now it KP's 95% of the time..  occasionally it will boot.

oh i can not seem to update clover either..  still stuck on Jake's 3320..  I get no error when i update, it completes just fine.. also in customisation everything is greyed out so i can't change anything. But when i reboot it re-boots with clover 3320 :(...

This is getting frustrating.. not what i need halfway through the University semester :/

• Moderators

The files probably got updated to EFI folder on the HDD. Just copy the contents to the EFI partition by mounting it with EFI-mounterv3. Just leave out these 4 items:

Config.plist, Kexts folder and ACPI folder, and theme folder. Oh and make sure HFSPlus-64.efi is restore to Driversx64UEFI.

IF you have overwrite it, you can find it in the EFI-Backups

The files probably got updated to EFI folder on the HDD. Just copy the contents to the EFI partition by mounting it with EFI-mounterv3. Just leave out these 4 items:

Config.plist, Kexts folder and ACPI folder, and theme folder. Oh and make sure HFSPlus-64.efi is restore to Driversx64UEFI.

IF you have overwrite it, you can find it in the EFI-Backups

Thanks Jake That got clover updated. Seems to have improved things, however still getting Kernel Panics every 7 out of 10 reboots.