10.11.4 kernel panic

Sorcerer

good point thanks.
Yes it is weird you have to tell how many cpu's to use.  Still think it's a memory issue though not RAM related.. Maybe CPU Cache related..

Which explains why the CPU # reported in the crash is never 0..  Sometimes it will boot normally, my guess is that is when it is using the CACHE assigned to CPU 0, But for some reason when it uses cache memory assigned to CPU's 1,2 or 3 for some reason during bootup it drops the number of CPU cores to 1(core 0)  by default and then can not reference any memory addresses assigned to CPU cores 1,2 or 3.

Have not tested how many cores are active when it boots successfully without forcing number of cores used. if it has all cores active after boot up, my guess it that it initially drops the # of cores, and then re-initialises them later in the boot up sequence. (not a problem for real macs as the bootloader would no how many cores are available, (effectively forcing # of cores). hmm food for thought....

• Like 1

I have re-installed a Clean installation of El Cap 10.11.4 

From Vanilla (no extra kexts or anything) wifi and graphics appears OK. Even the Battery is being Shown [/size]smile_osx.png No Sound but i can get to that later. 

Using latest version of Clover (3389) i get the following Kernel Panic
Kernel Panic.txt

This is the Same issue i was having when i updated from a fully working 10.11.3 to 10.11.4.. I decided to perform a Clean install to prove that it was nothing in the modified kexts or customisations that i was using in 10.11.3.. 

This only happens about 75% of the time.. No kexts in backtrace as it can not reference the memory registers. 
The CPU listed would be listed as either CPU 1,2 or 3 (this example shows CPU 3) I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PANIC on CPU 0. 

Occasionally it will boot ok (guessing it is using CPU 0 ) or i can get it to boot every time using the CPUS=1 Boot Flag Thereby forcing it to only use CPU 0.

I have attached the Clover Folder minus the themes folder.[/size]file:///Users/alancrichton/Desktop/CLOVER.zip

Please note this is Vanilla install of Clover as well i have not Modified anything Or included my SSDT.aml as yet. No Customised SMBIOS as Yet.. CLOVER.zip

The Laptop is a Dell Latitude E7440 with a core i5-4300m CPU 4 Gig 1600MHz Ram and a 128gig SSD (mSATA in mSATA Bay) using an Atheros Wi-Fi card.

Any Assistance in resolving this issue before i frisbee this laptop over the back fence would be appreciated.

• Administrators

I can tell you that having re-installed 10.11.2 or 10.11.3 (I did several re-install to be sure), I updated to 10.11.4 through Apple menu without installing the Recovery or Thunderbolt offered updates. I've had no KP since and I made no change to the add-on/bootpack kexts.

[sOLVED]

All is right with the E7440 again. 

Fresh clean install of 10.11.4

installed latest Clover (3389)

installed the updated appleHDA_ALC292.kext

Ran the latest Vietnam Tool 1.9.6

selected the following in the Vietnam Tool. 

-Clover

--config

---CPU

----Haswell Mobile 1 (Macbook air 6,1 SMBIOS settings etc)

-Kexts

--System

---FakeSMC v6

---FakeSMC v6 Plugins.

---Patch AppleRTC  <--- not sure if needed but could not hurt to have it.

--CPU Power Management

---VoodooTSCSync

--Graphics

---FakePCIID_HD4600

---FakePCIID_HDMI

--TrackPad and Keyboard

---ALPS TouchPad

-Tools  <-- added later after restoring all my data from a TimeMachine backup... 

--HW Monitor  <-- installes to a folder called Tools on the desktop. Drag and drop the App in Applications. has some really nice tweaks. and can put CPU Core Temps, power usage Graphics Power consumption, Current CPU frequency and various other nice tidbits you may want displayed in the task bar heres a screenshot of the monitor working.. 

post-10376-0-82839800-1459688352_thumb.png