[SOLVED] E6540 - Capitan - Kernel Panic

Genki

Hi everyone!

i start this new topic because i cannot seem to solve this annoying problem. I have a dell latitude e6540 and installed over it, through this guide:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-el-capitan-clover-guide/&do=findComment&comment=54632

os x el capitan 10.11.3.
the installation proceeds very well, apart from the sound that has no intention to operate. after installation, according to the same guide, I upgraded S.O. the 10.11.4 version, again without problems (the audio still no working...).
at this point I restart the laptop and I get the kernel panic screen, which I attach.
someone can help me to understand the reason for the failure, and maybe even find the solution?

thanks to all

post-90965-0-36459500-1459418285_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the same issue on my E6510. But CPU 5 caller. It's strange because I had worked on my laptop on 10.11.4 for some time. And it was working fine. Yesterday I also turn on my notebook and use for some time, restart and the same KP as you have :( no idea what is going on.

Yes! thank you! with the option cpus=1 i can boot my laptop! but i don't understand very well the solution in the BSD System Manager's Manual. However, now i can try to solve the audio issue.

thank you again

• Moderators

Make sure to install the kexts in /Kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions and then run the permission fix and recreate cache.

This will add the audio kexts.

Make sure you have a successful output when you ran those commands.

If it still doesn't work, then display your terminal output here to determine your issue.

• Moderators

I'm not home right now, but I'm pretty sure my E6420 upgraded without an issue with ComboUpdate. Using MBP8,2 with Clover v3354.

Not sure if it's related, but I've seen others have success with switching OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv2-64.efi