[SOLVED] E6540 - Capitan - Kernel Panic

Genki

Make sure to install the kexts in /Kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions and then run the permission fix and recreate cache.

This will add the audio kexts.

Make sure you have a successful output when you ran those commands.

If it still doesn't work, then display your terminal output here to determine your issue.

I tried to do again what you suggest to me. do it again because already I had done when I installed the operating system. and at the sound of my PC still does not work. Now, how can I post my terminal output? if you kindly explain it to me, I do it, thanks!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, probably I have explained wrong ... I don't know the right command to write in the terminal to release the output to copy and then paste here. can you suggest me the right command that I have to run in the terminal? thank you very much

• Moderators

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /L*/E*
      sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

I'm not home right now, but I'm pretty sure my E6420 upgraded without an issue with ComboUpdate. Using MBP8,2 with Clover v3354.

Not sure if it's related, but I've seen others have success with switching OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv2-64.efi

I updated my E6230 to 11.4 without following Jake's advice to update Clover at the same time (was at 3320).  The update and re-boot went fine, but then after that I got the KP's.  I fixed it by updating to Clover v3389.  Did not need OsxAptioFixDrv2-64.efi.

Note: when Clover updates, it tends to want to make a fresh directory in your root directory, instead of updating /EFI/CLOVER.  I had to copy & replace all files except ACPI/, kext/, themes/, and config.plist to /EFI/CLOVER.

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /L*/E*
      sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

this is my terminal output:

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext EAPDFix.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC292.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel not cached.
Successfully updated disk0s3.
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot
Finished

no, I still don't have audio on my laptop. but I think the problem is the dsdt because doing tests with other dsdt found here on the forum, I found one who, after running the shelter commands in the terminal, it makes me sound support

• Moderators

what is this?

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext

did you patched that?

restore a vanilla AppleHDA from the installer and rerun the fixes.