[SOLVED] E7450 HD5500 installation issue

Fatboy

Hi,
I met a strange issue on E7450 installation.
Following every single step by E7450 GUIDE (from DVMT to bootpack). The laptop was rebooting with kernal panic by GPU while loading installation. It's all good with Fake GPU ID 0x16160002. Thus, I just booted with FakeID.
After the installation, I can't get the HD5500 graphic card working properly in the system. I did some research, some said it caused by inaccurate DVMT. However, I've modified and checked in the windows before.
I also tried to modified DSDT with HD5500 information. However, the bootpack DSDT from forum wasn't able to compile to aml with too many errors.
Does anyone have idea how to solve? or I have to give up and back to windows to recheck my DVMT setting?

DSDT.aml.zip SSDT.aml.zip config.plist.zip

Intel HD Graphics 5500:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 5500
  Type: GPU
  Bus: PCI
  VRAM (Total): 7 MB
  Device ID: 0x1616
  Revision ID: 0x0009
  Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
  Displays:
Display:
  Resolution: 1920 x 1080
  Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display: Yes
  Mirror: Off
  Online: Yes
  Vendor ID: 0x0002

Did you make sure that InjectIntel = True? These are the two thing that got me past it. Im very green to this whole Hackintosh scene so i know very little. But, i will say doing that and then after install sticking to the Guide and then opening Clover Configurator and Saving the injected to 1616002 so that each boot the kernel panic stays resolved.

- Hope this helps.

• Moderators

Checking from Windows is inaccurate. You have to set it in the BIOS. Both 0x15b and 0x15c must be set to 0x3. No FakeID is needed. All files are included in the bootpack.

I'm using igplatform-Id = 0x16260006, which gave me HDMI output without having to patch the FB. Works flawlessly. With 0x16160002, system will hang the system on connecting HDMI.

Hi Jake,
Thank you for the info!
I did modified the BIOS and checked DVMT value in the windows before installing OSX. However, i still met kernel panic solving by FakeID.
Is there any other way to check if BIOS was modified correctly ?