64 Bit version of Anv-Slice PS2 trackpad + keyboard

carbon16

We already know what doesn't allow us to boot into full 64 bit mode: the Ps2 for Trackpad and Keyboard on the d630.

I realized the following today after working on my d630 for over a week.

In 32 bit mode, I will occasionally get the [pci configuration begin] stall.

I have tried the npci=0x2000, etc. but no matter what, every few boots it will freeze on pci config begin.

I then decided to turn off i386 and boot in with x64. It booted, except my trackpad stopped working after I touched any key on the keyboard.

Until I touched the keyboard, the mouse still worked. Astonishing.

Basically, the keyboard kext looks like its not 64 bit, and caused the trackpad to stop working too.

However, in x64 mode, I realized that I NEVER stalled on the [pci config begin] part anymore. It blazed through that part every single time. On 32 bit, it sticks around at ACPI s0 s1 s2 etc. for a few seconds before it either passes the pci config begin, or stalls there. In 64 bit, it flies through in a millisecond.

Now my question is... Is there any way we can Recompile ANV-Slice Ps2 kexts etc to make EDP a full 64 bit release? Because as of now, its either 64 bit with pci config fixed but ps2 trackpad/keyboard broken... OR ... 32 bit with 1 out of 2-3 boots getting stuck on [pci config begin] and ps2 works. 64 bit also seems quicker overall.

Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

well the trackpad is ANV's and the keyboard is slice they went there own way with the kext after a while. slice came out with his version and ANV with his. but i have been having issues compiling ANV's sources on Xcode 4.2 in lion. also please don't triple post once is good.

I believe this is what you are looking for.

This is my modified version of the Alps trackpad PS2 driver to run in 64-bit mode. (Alps PS2 Trackpad + Keyboard) I do not remember who made the originals, but I believe it is AnV and Slice. (This is more of a sloppy patch, than the work that was put in buy the 2 geniuses mentioned. Thanks guys!) Tested on a Latitude D630 running 10.6.8 and a Latitude D830 running 10.7.1. This also allows for the use of the stock trackpad.prefpane, with 2 finger scrolling options, also in 64-bit mode. (System preferences doesn't relaunch into 32-bit) Loadable from /Extra/Extensions/. Delete anything with PS2 in the /Extra/Extensions, and install both of these with kext wizard.

Hopefully it will be included in the next release of EDP.

Let me know if it works for you? Actually, let me know how it works for anyone.

Alps PS2 64-bit built in track pad.zip

OMG! That was it! I finally have it running in 64 bit.

However, I realized that I have to disable "userkextcache" because for some reason, even though I add it to 0edp.kext and extensions folder and Rebuild the kextcaches and all, it won't load them.

However, in chameleon wizard, if I disable userkextcache, it will load the kexts fine without a problem.

Anyone have any clue?

Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

0EDP does not use kexts inside of kexts... you have to go into the ApplePS2Controller.kext and pull the kexts out of the plugins folder and drop them into 0EDP.kext as well. so in this case its a total of 5 kexts

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

ApplePS2Mouse.kext

VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

right click ApplePS2Controller.kext and chose show package content then click Contents, Plugins, everything in it move it to 0EDP.kext