[SOLVED] E7440: Clover update for 10.11.4 OS X update installation

punjabigator

Jake, I am trying to update my clover from 3309 to the most recent version so that i can upgrade to El CAP 4. During installation, the clover installer is making a new EFI folder on the MACOSX disk instead of updating the EFI from where MAC boots (whether EFI was hidden or not). I have checked the clover logs and boot EFI was untouched. Please share some wisdom how to rectify this issue. Thanks 

• Moderators

Just copy all the files and folder except Config, Kexts, ACPI, and Theme to the EFI partition. 

Oh make sure in the EFI partition /Clover/Drivers64UEFI, you make a copy of HFSPlus.efi to be place back once you overwrite it.

Alternatively, you could remove the virtual disk and never have to deal with this again. 

1) From terminal, enter diskutil list. Note the virtual drive.

diskutil list

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *256.1 GB   disk0

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1

2:          Apple_CoreStorage Macintosh SSD           63.5 GB    disk0s2

3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3

/dev/disk1 (internal, virtual):

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:                  Apple_HFS Macintosh SSD          +63.1 GB    disk1

Logical Volume on disk0s2

75DADC16-4B7F-4C7D-9660-10A1C2A9FC02

Unencrypted

2) Run diskutil cs revert /dev/disk1 

3) Reboot

4) Install Clover 

Jake thank you for replying to my query. I used the second option and was able to update clover. However, after the update I do not see any MAC disk entires at the startup. I can still see the Windows boot entry. systems are installed on two different MSata drives.

• Moderators

The Clover update might have overwrite some of your folders. As Bronxteck mentioned, check for HFSPlus in /EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI. There should be a copy in your OS X drive root call EFI-Backups. 

Make sure that nothing else is overwritten or replaced as well.

• Moderators

The file is available in your USB installer. So boot with the USB installer, then select your mSata (OS X). Once booted to the desktop, you can mount it with EFI-mounter or Clover or even with a terminal command.

The HFSPlus.efi was missing in the designated folder. I was able to boot using USB drive and then placed back HFSPlus.efi. All is well. Clover is updated as well to the newest version. Thank you for all of your help. I almost forgot that I have a USB drive that I used for installation. 

Folks, I have a new issue that has surfaced after upgrading the CLOVER as mentioned in guide after removing EFI folder from the MACOSX Disk. Currently i am running Clover 3489 on SSD (boot disk) and 3304 on USB Installer. While booting using the 3489, I cannot see a boot entry. However, using USB boot the system very well. Please share some wisdom and suggest me what steps should use to take care of this situation. Thanks

I am running 10.11.1 and did a new install on one only MSATA.

Thanks 

JSOAN