E6220 Battery drain

idontknow

Hi guys, 

i wonder if someone can help with the two problems I'm currently facing on my E6220 with i5 Sandybridge CPU.

After installing OSX 10.11.3 on my E6220 by this guide --> https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-el-capitan-clover-guide/&do=findComment&comment=54632 my battery drain is about 1% per Minute. I'm using a brand new battery btw. Far away from 4-6 hours i heard it usually should be. 

Additionally after a couple of reboots my USB is not working anymore. whatever i connect via USB it is not recognized. 

thanks and regards

• Administrators

Check that you have CPU power management with HWSensors app (provided you use the various sensors kexts that come with associated FakeSMC). If you see CPU multiplier & frequency oscillating in the x8/800MHz to x?/, you have proper CPU speedstep.

You say you have a new battery but is it kosher/genuine? There are lots of offerings on the web these days that deliver crap batteries... I've made that experience myself. Battery life also depends on the model you went for: 3 or 6-cell. I get 3 to 4hrs with my non-Dell 6-cell replacement on the E6220, whereas I get well 4 to 5hrs on the Dell 65Wh 6-cell model of my E6230.

let me checkt that later on, as i am still trying to figure out, how to get the software on my mac without network/internet and usb working....  :?

regarding the new battery. this is a brand new original 3 cell one delivered from dell. using this battery on my E6330 with windows 10 works like a charm.

• Administrators

Ok, if it's the 3-cell 30Whr battery, then I expect you drainage to be sort of normal and battery usage at around a couple of hours max. 4 to 6hrs is not achievable with the 3-cell battery. OS X does drain more power than Windows due to heavier graphics demand. You can consider such things as turning off unused accessories like Bluetooth, reduce screen brightness and turn off eventual keyboard backlight to maximise battery life.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/dell-e6220-user-review.649152/

All to be seen once you've completed your E6220's post-installation tuning. You can refer to my E6220 EC guide and attached full pack for that.