M6300 El Capitan Install

griftopia

Come on, please don't be like that! What would I do without your help?

I got confused on the kexts. I have removed them. I think HW Monitor is working now like in my screenshot, I see icon and everything as well (not in my screen shot)

I couldn't locate R&D section so searched on the  forums. Came across this post of yours and followed it.
https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1824-bluetooth-adapters-latitude-d-series-older-inspironprecision-laptops/&do=findComment&comment=22213
I will search again and check again what I'm doing wrong.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jake. I figured that was the forum. However there are so many posts in there. The one I found relevant for patching CSR kext within IOBluetoothFamily I tried (and attached in previous post). It did not help. If you have a specific post I can look at.

PS - I do have CSR Bluetooth not Broadcom. That's why in my screenshot I showed it.

Created this clover kext pack with all the right patching done on the ethernet kext using herves bcm5772d.kext patched it with the correct id etc all working fine . I also added the correct voodoohda.kext for sound , The dsdt.aml is patched for this machine also . Just Prepare a usb installer use this pack for both installation and post install , Please avoid using tools like multifail etc . and dont forget to turn off hibernate .

Do as follows after installation ..

Disable hibernation: open up Terminal and type the following commands

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

sudo pmset hibernatefile /dev/null

sudo rm -f /var/vm/sleepimage

Note i created this pack based on the quadro fx 1600 , I ordered a quadro fx 3600 which is the highest spec card i can find for this machine and the cpu is a x9000 Intel extreme with 8 gb ram , 

For ssd users After installation please enter Terminal and type the following to enable trim: 

Sudo trimforce enable

accept its terms by typing Y when asked allow it a moment and your ready to go . 

Enjoy..

Dell m6300 el capitan clover pack.zip