M6300 El Capitan Install

griftopia

Much obliged!

But you know what, I think I fixed my Ethernet issue myself. I found the device id for the BCM5756ME and typed it into the BCM5722D kext (I don't think we call this injecting do we?) So I have it working but it is at en2. I'm going to try to get it at en0 and then test AppStore.

Needless to say I want to use what you give me for the USB, but if you can please explain how it can improve things? Meanwhile I will install 10.11.4 update.

Sorry to be greedy but one feature I have never been able to get working is SD Card. I mean I can get it working using VoodooSDHC kext but it always breaks sleep so I always opt not to install it.

PS - Supported Features under DVD player. All 8 features show Supported! QE/CI working!  8-)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Try the attached files. Package contains:

• revised patched DSDT (fixed  EHCx devices + AGP.VID device_type & model (it's FX 1600M, not FX 360M) and modded LAN & WLAN devices)
  • USB injector kext
  • tuned FakeSMC v6.13.1363 (with MBP5,1 SMC keys + nVidia FX 1600M (10de:040d) AGPM tuning)
  • latest BCM5722D v2.3.6 (with added BCM5756M id 14e4:1674)
  • revised Chameleon boot plist
  • revised SMBIOS plist (MBP5,1 profile)
  • kernel.plist (for Enoch boot parameters)

M6300_tuning.zip

Install Kozlek's HWMonitor app to monitor CPU speedstep +GPU throttling.

Once you're happy with the settings, you can copy (not move) all kexts to /L/E, repair permissions, rebuild cache and set KernelBooter_kexts parameter to No in /Extra/kernel.plist. System will then boot a little quicker.

If you still don't have all your USB ports after installing those files, we'll modify the devices to EH01/EH02 in the DSDT + USB injector.

Yes! If you see one of my posts above I patched it with the same Id you did. I just wanted to make sure I told you what occured during the time you were tuning things for me. I will apply everything you have provided and report back in this post.

Booted with your DSDT (did not rename it to DSDT.aml yet, will do that at very end)

Sleep works.
Bluetooth works.
Ethernet works.
Wifi Works.

USB Wierdness - 5 out 6 ports work. The top left port does not work. 

The HWMonitor, having little trouble installing. I opened the DMG, double clicked on HWMonitor, nothing happens. Also it has bunch of kexts with it. How do I install it exactly? Copy it to Applications folder? And what do I do with the kexts? I copied it to the Desktop and launched it and it is asking me whether update I said remind me later. I don't see it in my tray but it is there next to bluetooth icon. I clicked it and it says "Internal Battery at 4204%" ????

Please advise.

PS - I also made one change in the plist - I said UseKernelCache=No. Glad I did, UseKernelCache=Yes progress bar sticks. Not sure if temporary but it is really crawling. I will retry one more time. I gathered Yes is valid after I put kexts in /L/E which I haven't yet.

• Administrators

As long as you replace your old FakeSMC v4.0 with the newer tuned version v6.13.1363, all you need to do is copy the HWmonitor app from the dmg to your Applications folder from where you can run it. Ignore the kexts of the HWSensors dmg.

You can go to HWMonitor app preferences menu and adjust icons and info displayed in the Finder's bar. Do you see CPU + GPU throttling at all?

Re: battery, try a more recent Rehabman's ACPI battery manager kext like latest v1.60.5 as opposed to your older v1.50.

Ok I will search for the newer FakeSMC and BatteryManager kexts. I thought you already gave me FakeSMC though. Stupid Question - what do you mean by "do you see cpu+gpu throttling at all"? Where am I looking for it exactly? And what about all those kexts that  come with FakeSMC? Shall I put them in my Extra folder?

Finally bluetooth - do we need anything other changes for the 1 non-working port?

Also another discovery - annoyance - Function keys not working properly. The way I normally test is Fn+F1 to put laptop to sleep and F11 to get windows out of the way to see desktop. Fn+F1 does not work and F11 tries to work but doesn't.

• Administrators

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8959-m6300-el-capitan-install/page-2&do=findComment&comment=59600

You already have the newer and fully tuned FakeSMC v6.13.1363 in the pack I provided. You're supposed to install those (3x) kexts I uploaded in your /E/E folder. The other files too of course. Check CPU speedsptep + GPU throttling with HWMonitor, that's what it's used for! See here for illustration.

What about Bluetooth? You said it now worked... DW360 works OOB, no kexts required other than a patch of the Broadcom transport kext if you want to be able to turn BT off/on from the Finder's bar icon. It's all explained in the Bluetooth related thread that you'll find in the R&D->Hardware->Bluetooth forum sub-section. So... does it work or not?

Try the following revised DSDT + USB injector kext for USB ports.

DSDT_new2.aml.zip USB_Injector2.kext.zip

Sorry I meant what about USB - 1 does not work.
Will use new DSDT and UsbInjector and report here.
EDIT - All USB Ports work. Thank you!

While I was searching for FakeSMC on Github I got kexts with FakeSMC and was asking about them
The kexts I got with HWMonitor you said not to do anything with them so was checking.
EDIT - Please see attached screenshot of HWMonitor. As you can see the icon does not show but it is there. Not sure what's going on but I added the icon now. Did get new battery kext and how it is showing 100%. Should I accept the update to HWMonitor? 
I have included all kexts in /E/E which came with the dmg. Incidentally the dmg also had FakeSMC.kext but it looks like same version you gave me separately earlier.

The function keys worked before but with new DSDT not working. I will test again as well.
EDIT - Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Huh?

Bluetooth works, but I cannot turn it off. I will try identify the kext to patch, and try patching it.
EDIT - Still need to work on identifying the Broadcom transport kext. I don't care about turning it OFF from the Finder Bar. I can't even turn it OFF from System Preferences. My attempt is attached. I thought I did this right.

post-90049-0-25310700-1461029288_thumb.png

CSRBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext.zip

• Administrators

I specifically advised you NOT to use the kexts of the HWSensors dmg, the tuned FakeSMC I previously provided covered for that. Am I wasting my time with you here? You seem to systematically do differently than advised...

HWmonitor: again, please read my previous posts.

Bluetooth: Finder's bar icon or PrefPane is the same in terms of turning BT off and on. On looking at your patch, I can clearly see that you did not follow the guide I referred to...

You should suss it all out on your own now, good luck.