Lenovo Z70-80

stexano

Hi everyone,

i recently bought a Lenovo Z70-80 broadwell Intel i7 with HD5500 graphics (and disabled nvidia...) for el capitan or even yosemite but i stil can't reach the installer. I am following every guide I find and trying the combinations of drivers, kexts, config.plist etc

Is it true that i need to set DVMT-prealloc in BIOS? Without flashing bios i cannot do anything?

Here on OSXLatitude i downloaded the zip files but i see no mention of this bios flashing procedure

Thanks!

Thank you ypdeveloper: just tried it with my El Capitan 10.11.4 installer, but i keep getting the same OxsApitpFixDrv error: "requested memory exceeds... etc etc". I used also the FakeSMC.kext you provided (i had a newer one...)

with OxsApitpFixDrv2 i get the couldn't allocate runtime area error

I really wonder how other owners managed to get to the installer on this Lenovo laptop

Any further help?

Hello, Stexano if you have a Mac or Hackintosh .... physically disassemble the z70-80 and connect a sata hd door of this. use this procedure:

copies the correct Kext and reconnect on z70-80 and starts you will need to set the bios, and used for the first boot a keyboard and mouse usb .......

But the real problem of Lenovo z70-80 !! even if you disable the video card will work badly because the dedicated memory is set to 128 MB and you can not change 64 .... You have to lead by the bios