D830 Nvidia - Black Screen after Update (solved)

Rainey

I installed Lion, ran EDP 2.2 and all was good, didn't use sleep enabler as i know it caused issues with the 10.7.2 update.

Installed 10.7.2 and now when i boot i have a black screen, i have read this is due to the DSDT, i have inserted the fix below BUT how can i perform this or resolve my issue from eiter -s on boot OR using the terminal in install mode OR running a linux live cd.

Thanks for you advise :)

Black Screen FIX (DSDT Injection):

Replace:

"device_type"

Buffer (0x0D)

{

"NVDA,Geforce"

}

with:

"device_type"

Buffer (0x0C)

{

"NVDA,Parent"

}

I had the same issue. I took a different approach. At first I though it was an EDID issue. I tried putting the EDID into the DSDT, but it didn't work. There were many possible reasons why this didn't work. So I tried with a vanilla DSDT and had no trouble getting to a desktop, but without graphics acceleration. Tried with graphics enabler and it worked great, it also listed the card as a Quadro NVS 140M 256 MB, without having to enter the specific information into the DSDT. As there were a few other issues without the other DSDT modifications, I chose to use the modified DSDT from here and restore the video section back to the original with "graphicsenabler=yes" in the org.chameleon.boot.plist. Everything works great and the system profiler has the actual video card information listed per the injection of chameleon. I attached my modified DSDT, just remember to use graphics enabler.