[SOLVED] 10.11.4 + No Audio on E7440 & E5530

dpw95

Have any of you had any breakthroughs with getting audio to work again with either your E7440 or E5530 Dell Latitude hackintoshes following the 10.11.4 update?

I found the thread below, but frankly I haven't been able to piece together specific steps that resulted in improvement:

Link:  https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8491-dell-latitude-e5530-installation-working-approach/

I installed El Capitan via the following threads, with a LOT of help from the kind people who participate in this forum:

E7440:  https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6461-guide-e7440-with-clover/

E5530:  https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8491-dell-latitude-e5530-installation-working-approach/

From what I've seen in other places, there are mentions of other HDA files to use, but my installation approaches didn't seem to involve that from what I recall.

Any tips for measures I should take a run at?

Thinking forward, if I can get something to work successfully, I can post a guide for others to follow that one day find themselves in the same spot I am in at present.

Interestingly enough, I noticed that some people on Apple's own support forums mentioned issues with actual Apple-made computers following the 10.11.4 update, where they had been using USB audio devices which now are failing them.

• Moderators

Looks like you're using Pokenguyen's guide for both Hacks.

For E7440, the audio kext = AppleHDAALC.kext

For E6430, the audio kext = AppleHDAIDT.kext

Both found in /System/Library/Extensions

You could do it 2 ways. Either use mine pre-prepared kexts or update them yourself.

1) For E7440, Find in Update section, download AppleHDA_ALC292, rename it to AppleHDAALC and overwrite it in /S/L/E with kextwizard

For E6430, download AppleHDA_IDT and rename it to AppleHDAIDT.kext and overwrite it to /S/L/E with kextwizard

2) Follow guide here. Editing the 2 kexts mentioned

• Moderators

No, they are not hidden. Perhaps you missed that step to add audio so you might not have it install. You could do a search for AppleHDA and see it shows up.

Otherwise just install the ones pertaining to your model from my Update section. The config files from those 2 guides don't have the updated patches for audio, so check my bootpack in post #2 for the patches or replace your bootpacks with mine.

Would this approach be correct?

1) Download the E7440 boot back zip file.

2)  Copy its contents to the EFI directory on the hidden EFI volume.

3)  Extract the AppleHDA_ALC292.kext.zip file, and rename the file within to AppleHDAALC.kext

4)  Install AppleHDAALC.kext using KextWizard

5)  Reboot

• Moderators

If you're going to be using my bootpack, then do this

1) Download the E7440 boot back zip file.

2)  Copy its contents to the EFI/Clover directory on the hidden EFI volume.

3)  Download AppleHDA_ALC292 from updated section, place in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/LE

4)  Copy all kexts from /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions

5)  Repair permission and rebuild cache, run from terminal

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /L*/E*
      sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /