Inspiron 3148 El Capitan/Yosemite

kingxsmoothy

Yes I'm going to install El Capitan now, going to use the folder you gave me and see if it works. Made a backup of Yosemite.

The folder you sent me had working GRAPHICS, WIFI, BLUETOOTH, SLEEP. Did not test HDMI.

Only issues were no AUDIO, the brightness buttons did not adjust brightness, but could change it via the system preferences. And finally usb disconnected after wake but plugging SD card and usb devices after allowed them to work. 

Seems like a better idea to fix an El Capitan install as it is newer.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok updated to El Capitan using the updated bootpack and installed the SLE folder and ran the command “sudo kextcache -Boot -U /“ and it returned “File at path '/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel' changed, cannot be used

Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[462] exited with status 77.

Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernelâ€

Working

• Graphics
  • Sleep/wake
  • HDMI out video
  • SD CARD
  • ALL USB ports
  • Battery percentage
  • WIFI
  • Sound; internal speakers/ buttons on keyboard

Non-Working

• Bluetooth
  • HDMI audio out
  • Touchscreen
  • Webcam
  • Power button 

Attaching pcilist and ioreg

Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 5.32.42 PM.zip

ELCAPIOREG.zip

Boot to Clover GUI. Hit F4, this will extract the raw files to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin.

I'm assuming you don't have any patched DSDT/SSDT at the moment. Compress the Origin folder and upload it here. I'll try to patch them for you.

Once you're in the Desktop, download DPCIManager.app. You should be able to get the device info under PCI List.

The config you have does have the audio patches, but you'll need the DSDT and the patched dummyHDA to work. 

Hey Jake, what patches did you apply to @kingxsmoothy's DSDT? I have the same Inspiron 3148, but slightly different hardware (e.g. I have DW1830 instead of DW15-whatever).

files.zip

Ah, great! I'm glad I swapped this combo card :) Can I use your patches on Yosemite as well as Sierra?

I was able to extract my ACPI tables and patch the DSDT via Clover (BrightnessFix) in order to get brightness adjustment to work. I will later try to patch the DSDT via MaciASL for brightness instead of Clover, get the audio working via DSDT (AppleALC?), and then try to upgrade to Sierra. I am currently on Yosemite.

Thanks Jake :)

Great! I added the patches and they seem to work with the DW1830. I also want to try rebranding it to an AirPort Extreme card to see what happens.

EDIT: I remembered that there is a kext patch by skvo that I can apply instead of rebranding. I'll do that instead.

I have one last problem with my DSDT—there are three syntax errors that I cannot get rid of. They are all with these devices called ACD0, ACD1, and ACD2. These devices seem to be sound-related... Hopefully my audio will work once these errors are fixed. 

post-63461-0-31423100-1509061851_thumb.png

I have attached my tables in .dsl format for reference. I used ACPI specification 5.0 with MaciASL to parse them.

ACPI.zip