Lenovo T510 El Capitan Intel Graphics

griftopia

• Administrators

With Enoch, I recommend you keep a copy of your add-on kexts such as FakeSMC, PS2Controllers, etc. in /E/E. I'm not sure kexts placed in /L/E are loaded when booting without cache.

Once you've copied (not moved) your kexts to /E/E, boot wth your previous options but add option KernelBooter_kexts=Yes to inject your kexts from /E/E. You'll probably find it works better...

That's exactly what I'm doing, actually. I attached my plists and kexts earlier as well. Can't seem to get past the what looks like graphics related issue. I never muck with /S/L/E and /L/E on the USB stick anyways. Only this time, first time, since instructions said to delete the Intel Graphics text I backed up and deleted from /S/L/E on the usb stick prior to attempting. Needless to say I've tried all different ways I can think off with different command line options, but can't get past the bluetooth lines.

First I realized I'm supposed to boot MacOS from USB. It just takes a while before it boots.

Second, I used Clover to install, so not sure what you mean by FAT32 or FAT16. I formatted using GPT UId Mac OSX Journaled then used Clover to do stick as per the guide Herve linked.

Okay, I now get kernel panic on IPPLatformExpert.cpp. Message is "Unabke to find driver for this platform". 
Also one more issue. Boot args listed are the default, i.e. kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0. But I went and specified -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No acpi=off, none of them stuck. Why?

I have a feeling I'm supposed to select some drivers when creating the USB installer, but the guide does not say that. So many options in Clover is why it is so difficult :-(

Okay. So that link does not mention any drivers. I was afraid to mix information from two guides, but will hunt around for "drivers". Maybe I just select them when I prepare the Clover install? Is there a problem if I select all of the drivers?

I have that. I actually managed to get it to install using bunch of boot flags and dsdt changes I gathered from googling... !!! Frankly don't understand since some flags foreign to me.

So now it went through the install, and I booted of the stick again as usual and then selected my hard disk, so I can set up the first time. EXCEPT, I'm getting a garble screen - Some white veritcal lines with some purple and a lot of black. I

Huh? I googled some more for a IOGraphicsFamily Kext patch and tried it. No dice. Patch still in my config.plist.

I'm attaching my config.plist and kexts I'm using along with my DSDT. If someone can help me figure it out...T

T510_Clover_WIP.zip