Lenovo T510 El Capitan Intel Graphics

griftopia

Hi Reema,

First appreciate you taking the time to help.

Now, this is the first time I'm using Clover and Lenovo laptop. Always used Chameleon/Enoch with Dells. I simply could not get Enoch USB to boot with this Lenovo and it took me some time to get it to boot with Clover.

The USB ports work fine on reboot, so I don't think any USB injection is necessary. Like has been established, DSDT edits were necessary to get sleep to work. With those DSDT edits, USB continued to work on reboot. Only after resuming from sleep USBs stop working until I reboot again. I could totally do without having a USB thumb drive working after reboot. How many times we use thumb drives anyway? My issue is because wifi cards are whitelisted I need to use USB wifi, and it would be a real pain every time after resume I have to reboot to get wifi to work.

I'm attaching before and after files like you asked. Like you surmised, I considered it is my config.plist that may be the issue. So I tried turning USB "off" in the config.plist devices section. It did not make any difference to the behavior. USBs always work on reboot, and with the DSDT I can get laptop to sleep with, I lose USB after resume.

The difference between the two DSDTs is I replaced EHC1/EHC2 with EH01/EH02, and then I removed _PRW under exactly 2 devices which was sufficient to get laptop to sleep. I initially removed all _PRW devices and that also let laptop sleep, but the reason I put most of the _PRWs back was because I was wondering if being aggressive with _PRW removal was the reason my USBs were not working after resume.

I really hope you can find something in my config.plist.

Best.

dsdt_usb_nosleep.zip

dsdt_usb_sleep_nousbafter.zip

HI 

i checked ur config plist file 

i had same problem that only usb 3 port not working after sleep but by using the attached config plist it worked .. it had patches to applhda that u can remove if u need 

use the attached config plist .. use clover configurator to rename the dsdt to the name of ur file 

try using the usb 2 port .. plug ur usb wifi in a usb 2 port .. wait till it connect to internet 

.. surf any website .. then click on sleep to sleep ur system .. keep it for few mnts then wake it up .. if usb 2 port woked after sleep .. then move ur  usb wifi to usb 3 port and connect it to internet  and surf any website .. then click on sleep to sleep ur system ..  keep it for few mnts and wake it up again 

i hope it will work in this way

config.plist (1).zip

Thank you Reema. I will work with your config.plist and try removing stuff I don't need one at a time to see if things work. For me none of the 3 USB ports on my T510i worked after resume. I have removed AppleHDA patch to start with, Will report progress below...

1) Garbled Desktop. You are using SMBios MacBookPro12,1. Not sure what your laptop is. I'm using MacBookPro6,2 which I believe is correct for my laptop. You are also injecting Intel Graphics, I'm not. Also EDID, which I'm not. Will fix these items and try.

2) Replaced SMBios to MacBookPro6,2 and Inject Intel Graphic = NO. Able to boot. After resume, no USB ports are not working.

So with just those two changes so I can boot into OS, your config.plist did not make any difference.

HI 

I have lenovo z51 70

use smbios of macbook air 7.1 or 7.2 

and try it without the hda patch

use ur old dsdt 

rename ur dsdt file in the config plist 

keep everything as it is 

and try

Okay trying with what you said. While I'm doing that, one question. Should I use your USB Inject All kext? I did try but did not make a difference.

Not sure how old DSDT will work because Sleep was not working with it, which is what this is all about.

Now there is No MacBook Air 7.1 or 7.2. There is a MacBook Pro 7.1, but that is Intel Core 2 Duo while I have an i5 processor. So if you can please clarify that. I'm keeping my SMBios for now and trying with older DSDT (though not sure how that will help).

EDIT : Like I thought it sleeps and resumes immediately. Only difference now is that display does not come on, but fan comes on. So it is pretending to sleep but not really asleep. If I could ask you to check if your laptop is really sleeping? The good news - USB does work :-), but like I said laptop really didn't sleep :-(

• Downvote 1

I kept USB kext All in /S/L/E and USB injected in config.plist. Like I said, if I use old DSDT laptop is not really sleeping. The only difference is with my config.plist, display comes back ON, and with yours display does stays OFF. However, like I said, the fan is still ON so it is not really sleeping like it does with new DSDT.

I think I've just reached the point of no return here. With USB wifi card plugged in, I can reach real sleep or pretend sleep. However, with it plugged in, laptop will NOT resume. 

Methinks will buy a docking station and use with Windows on the road. Need a break from this laptop. One thing is for sure, not ever buying a Lenovo.

@Jake Lo. If you mean after laptop goes to sleep, I first remove the USB wifi, then press power button...Yes, I tried that and it did not make difference. I have to power cycle.

By the "app" if you mean the wifi app that lets me specify my wifi password, if you can please tell me what you mean by "remove it". It is in Applications folder. Uninstall it? Will wifi password still persist and/or any other way to specify password?