e7440 KP with latest BIOS on every boot

Sorcerer

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes hate duplication but enjoy referencing :)

And yes i have removed the sleep image via the prescribed method in that text. 

Still crashes exiting sleep :( oh well i may not have the e7440 much longer anyway as i am about to be made redundant in my job so this, being a work laptop, will have to be returned to the company, minus the wifi card and OCZ drive :).. 

lol by the time i purchase the parts to get it working, i may as well buy a working 2nd hand unit. 

anyway still got the ole e6420 :) which i dropped another 4 gig ram in to recently :)  so can always transplant the OCZ SSD to that and patch to get it running. or start fresh,...  nothing important on the Hackbooks anyway.. everything that is of importance is on my Unlimited space Google Drive :)

Warranty period expired on it and as always when the warranty period expires and the company does a laptop refresh i dispose of the old laptops (most the time in perfectly working order) my duty in decommissioning them is to destroy the HDD but thats no biggie,  shame to see a perfectly good laptop go in the bin so i replace the HDD install windows then give the laptops away to relatives overseas in the Philippines. :) 

• Administrators

i remember on the D series some of the parts where interchangeable like keyboards and displays sometimes even parts of the housings. they where designed that way to save on overhead costs for the IT department. i would think E series might also follow that rule.

i remember on the D series some of the parts where interchangeable like keyboards and displays sometimes even parts of the housings. they where designed that way to save on overhead costs for the IT department. i would think E series might also follow that rule.

would only be interchangeable with the same series. i.e. 6xxx or 7xxx series.  I had a few of the e5xxx series which i pulled keyboards and DVD players from and stored in stock as spare parts to keep the old fleet running still. 

Dell just released the e7x70 series with and without touchscreen I believe they are Skylake models. be interesting to see if these can be Macified.