Dell e6430 1600x900 w/ NVS5200M install issues

The_Moves

I guess i got confused between the Optimus builds and non-optimus. I thought Optimus meant utilizing the GPU, but that wasn't the case. Anyways, I enabled Optimus and graphics performance is great now. About this Mac shows HD4000, but the NVS 5200M is still shown in "Graphics/Displays". Next I need to work on powering that baby off with proper edits mentioned in a few places.

I also need to work on sleep.

Figured i might as well post my progress so it may help others.

Strange issue now... I realized I hadn't actually fully gone through part three and in the process of doing so I attempted to update Clover where on reboot I got a kernel panic. I was able to revert back to my previous setup of Clover/EFI, however my Apple Keyboard with Numpad will no longer work. Only an PC USB Keyboard or the Laptop keyboard works. I tested the Mac Keyboard on my 2008 MacBook Pro and it works without issue. Any thoughts? Could "Install RC scripts on Target Volume" cause something with this? I also have a Fusion drive setup, so when Clover attempted to update itself, it installed to the root of my Macintosh HD, which I then copied over to /dev/disk0s1 EFI partition.

I figured I would respond to this thread, as I recently completed a working 10.11.5 config on this same laptop. :)

I am running the following:

Dell Latitude e6430 (BIOS VERSION A18)

Intel Core i7-3940xm

16GB DDR3L

Intel HD 4000

Nvidia NVS 5200m

1600x900 (Samsung)

ALPS touchpad (full multitouch via modified VoodooPS2)

The attached config files are meant for use with OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 with Clover r3333, and should work with any i5/i7 CPU on this model.

Both the Intel HD 4000 and the Nvidia NVS 5200m (with Nvidia Web Driver installed and AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext patched) work correctly at 1600x900 - enabling Optimus in BIOS will use Intel HD 4000, disabling it uses NVS 5200m.

Known issues:

- USB 3.0 ports act as 2.0 ports

- Sleep most likely doesn't work when Nvidia card is in use

e6430_NVS-HD4000_Clover_r3333_10.11.5_working.zip

Nice, how is your power usage/battery with Optimus enabled? Ultimately I would like to get the NVS disabled. Granted I do have a Quad Core and I wouldn't expect battery life to be amazing, I would still like a compromise.

Where did you obtain your VooDooPS2 ALPS variant? How about the Apple Graphics Control? Did you modify them yourself?

I still have yet to update to 10.11.5.

Yep I modified both of them myself, the Apple Graphics Control needed my generated board-id from Clover (for MacBookPro9,2) to be injected to solve the NVS 5200m 'black screen' issue and as far as the VoodooPS2 variant - it is a combination of 'RehabmanMerge.zip' and an older 'VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext' (1.9.0), with 'FingerZ' value of '10' added to the 'Info.plist' file. :)

RehabmanMerge.zip was sourced from this page: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2545-new-touchpad-driver-for-e6520-alps/

As far as power, I seem to get about 4-5 hours of use with an extended battery with mid-heavy usage.