Audio without voodooHDA on Latitude D Series (AppleHDA STAC9205)

pud469

Hey,

I got the solution from pud469 working on my D830 nvidia with Lion 10.7.4!

...but then the System wasn't able to load AppleUSBAudio.kext any more with the old AppleHDA.kext (1.7.4) within that solution (wich is needed for my Apogee Jam).

Then I tried any AppleHDA.kext I found without really knowing what I was doing... and found a working solution!

Just copy the attached files in E/E and run myfix for System-Volume:

sudo myfix -t /Volumes/MAC\ OS\ X

AppleHDA D830.zip

the internel mic does not work but the mic jack on the side might

Internal mic works but line-in mic does not. When I plugged in & out a mic in the line input, it is being asserted as displayed in the sound preference/input mode.

Verified this "STAC9205 Snow&Lion.zip" solution works brilliantly in Snow Leo 10.6.8 on Dell D630.  Installed 10.6.0 from upgrade DVD using MyHack 3.1.2 and osxlatitude EDP for D630 on 10.6, then upgraded using combo update 10.6.8, then ran all software updates over network.  Still no sound.  Tried various solutions both AppleHDA and VooDoo, but the ONLY working solution, and it's a damn good one, is this one I found here.  Thanks a million.

Notes on installing these kexts: after 10.6.8 update, delete existing AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E first, then just copy the 4 appropriate kexts from this zip file over to E/E.  Then in terminal run:

cd /Extra/Extensions

sudo chown -R root:wheel *

sudo chmod -R 755 *

Finally, run MyHack's "MyFix" in thorough mode on entire drive (" / ")

Reboot and at options, type -f -v

Rock your new audio.  Tests good on internal speeks, internal mike, and external speeks through headphone out.  Haven't had a chance to try external mike yet.  Anyway, this solution is a godsend!

• Like 1