E6530 HD4000 - Mavericks - four screens

hfs3

I have one E6530 with HD4000 graphics that insists on splitting the screen into four separate desktops. Mavericks (10.9.4) will install with this collage, but I sure would like to unify them into one full screen. I read here that, if activated, Dual Link will cause the display to split. I've checked org.chameleon.Boot.plist, but it's not activated there. Perhaps my DSDT has it activated, but I'm not sure where to edit the file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Henry

P.S. I found the post with the 6520 that suffered the same symptoms, and will try that DSDT and plists tonight...

• Moderators

You can't use DSDT from E6520 on your E6530. Just follow Bronxtech's advice. You'll need MacIASL.app to modify *.aml file.

Also look for 

0x04, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01 

and change it to

0x03, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01 

Check also in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

if you have IntelCapriFB=4, change it to 3

I found the DualLink section, though listed as AAPL00, and made the change. No difference...

The DSDT was already correct...

Set org.chameleon.Boot.plist option as recommended. No difference...

Realized I was using the hi-res IntelCapriFrameBuffer. After some self chastising, loaded the correct version and all was well.

None of the posted Extra files seemed to work, so it took a bit of research to get it to work. Now it's time to do some fine tuning before eventually tackling El Capitan.

Thanks for all the help! This forum is a great resource.