Packard Bell EasyNote TE11HC: DSDT edit

REEMA

Hello to you all ..

I had successfully installed Elcapitan 10.11.4 on my easynote TE11HC

I used the hd graphics guide and kexts to install it and now it can boot via clover and via enoch

ck in 

now my graphics are not full qc ci graphics

when boot via enoch vesa reads graphics is 127 mb but it read only 4 mb when i check in (about this mac)

can anyone help me in patching the dsdt hoping it can get the full graphics acceleration

attached is the clover origin folder which contain all ssdt and dsdt and log 

so i can make a good tutorial in how to install elcapitan on this model to be added to the edp boot packs

hoping anyone can help me and i can send more files - kexts if required 

waiting any reply

origin.zip

Thanks alot Jake 

system specs :

• intel celeron  cpu b830 @ 1.80 ghz 2 CPUs
  • intel r hd graphics      1760mb  TYPE GPU - VENDOR INTEL (0X8086) - DEVICE ID (0X0106)  -  REVISION ID 0X0009
  • resolution 1366x768
  • lan worked using FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765 kext
  • wifi atheros AR5B125 
  • audio worked using voodoohda

installed it via enoch and booted it via  clover and now it can boot by  clover or enoch

find attached clover and enoch extra

CLOVER.zip

Extra.zip

• Administrators

[...]

I used the hd graphics guide and kexts to install it and now it can boot via clover and via enoch

[...]

Which "hd graphics guide and kexts" would that be? If you're referring to the 1st gen Intel HD graphics guide at InsanelyMac, I'm afraid you're on the wrong track. Intel Celeron B830 is Sandy Bridge family, i.e. 2nd gen and the integrated Intel HD graphics device id 0x0106 you noted yourself should be a sufficient hint... Did you check the CPU on Intel ARK site?

2nd generation (Sandy Bridge) Intel HD graphics (detailed list here) include:

• HD graphics (Desktop=0102, Mobile=0106) -> most likely unsupported under OS X
  • HD 2000 graphics (Desktop=0112, Mobile=0116)-> unsupported under OS X
  • HD 3000 graphics (Desktop=0122, Mobile=0126)-> supported OOB under OS X (fitted to several Mac models)
  • HD P3000 graphics (id=010A, Xeon CPUs) -> supported/unsupported under OS X ?

As long as you've kept all your Intel SandyBridge (SNB) vanilla kexts in place, you can try and experiment with the SNB framebuffer. I've checked the kext and it does contain a reference to 2nd gen mobile Intel HD graphics id 0x0106:

<key>AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB</string>
[...]
[...]
[...]
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>IOFramebuffer</string>
<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
<string>0x03000000&0xff000000</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x01068086 0x11068086 0x16018086 01168086 01268086</string>
[...]
[...]
[...]
</dict>

`

In Clover, you can specify/adjust the value in the Graphics config menu. With Enoch, you may be able to pass the values as boot parameter via InjectIntel-ig=xxxx.

In the end, assuming this basic/low-end version of Sandy Bridge HD graphics can be supported in a similar manner as HD 3000, what you'd need is a patch of the DSDT integrated graphics device located at address 0x00020000 (it may or may not be called IGPU). Here's a sample of such a patch for HD 3000 (dev id 0x0126):

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03
                    })
                }
                Return (Package ()
                {
                    "device-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00                    /* HD 3000 graphics */
                    }, 
                    "model", 
                    Buffer (0x18)
                    {
                        "Intel HD Graphics 3000"
                    }, 
                    "AAPL,snb-platform-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00                    /* Laptop/mobile layout */
                    }, 
                    "hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }
                })
            }

The key parameter is the SNB platform id but, of course, you'd have to modify the device id too unless you'd need to possibly fake HD 3000 id (but highly unlikely to work). I invite you to consult RampageDev's Intel HD guides for reference.

Looking at your extracted DSDT files, your integrated GPU is defined as GFX0 and already bears a _DSM method which you'd have to adjust. Please post an IOReg output. That may help towards an eventual DSDT patch.

All this being said, you have to prepare yourself to the eventuality of having an unsupported 2nd gen Intel HD graphics chip as per HD 2000... In such a case, if the CPU is not soldered on the motherboard and if your EasyNote laptop can support this, you may consider swapping out your Celeron B830 with a SandyBridge Core i3/i5/i7 model integrating the HD 3000 graphics. That'll depend on the chipset which you need to identify. If Intel HM70, that won't be an option.

Thanks Herve  for ur reply 

i think the graphics card is hd 2000 but compatible with hd3000 if i use a fake pcid

find attached the IO JONES file for my system 

please send me any other kexts that can help * hd3000 fake pcid or sndframebuffer kext that can match my system

it will be great if we add this model to edp supported site

waiting any reply 

Best Regards

Reema’s MacBook Pro.zip

• Administrators

As I said, you have a Sandy Bridge Intel HD graphics integrated to that Celeron CPU, not an HD 2000 which is unsupported. Don't do anything with any kexts until you've patched your DSDT. That's the 1st thing you have to do.

Reinstate all vanilla kexts and then try the attached patched DSDT.

DSDT.aml.zip

Thanks Herve for ur reply

I made a fresh installation via enoch because i cant reach the installer in clover,

my system cannot boot until i removed

SNB KEXTS .. APPLEINTELBDWFRAMEBUFFER KEXT, APPLEINTELFB KEXT

added the attached kexts made my system boot properly in clover using the dsdt u provided

booting with clover .. added ur dsdt gave me SNB INTEL HD GRAPHICS - GPU - 4MB

booting with enoch gives   GRAPHICS INTEL HD 2000 

is a patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kexts are needed now or the dsdt edits or any other kexts 

can you  send me any files or kexts ..  clover config plist to patch any kexts

check the attached kexts they might have something preventing the hd graphics to work

Thannks in advance .. and waiting any reply

Extensions.zip

• Administrators

AppleIntelBDWFramebuffer.kext is for 5th gen Broadwell IGPUs. I just cannot see the relevance of that kext in your specific SandyBridge context. You should revert to plain vanilla graphics kexts throughout.

Patching of SNB kexts is not usually required to reach OS X desktop. Usually, it's only necessary to obtain specific display output such as DP, DVI or HDMI.

Try to fake HD3000 by injecting mobile HD3000's id 0x0126 in your DSDT as opposed to mobile (SNB) Intel HD's 0x0106. The patch will then look exactly as posted above.

Thanks Herve for ur reply 

find attached the graphics dump from ubunto by which some kexts might be patched so system can work

i still dont know how to patch any kext or any dsdt 

i updated the system to 10.11.5 and system boots when i remove the snd kexts and the hd graphics kexts.

waiting any reply ... with best regards 

intel dump file.zip