[SOLVED] E6430 HD 4000 Graphic problem El Capitan bios A18

dedalus69

• Moderators

The problem is with your BIOS version. You'll need to downgrade to A03, then upgrade to A12. Anything higher, you'll end up with artifacts like that.

Won't work if you just downgrade to A12, must downgrade to A03 first, then A12.

If you get error to upgrade from A03 to A12 directly, then go from A03 -> A08 -> A12.

sorry for the photos do not know why and upside down,now my bios is a12 and working properly .

when I tried to install el capitan on my notebook at the end crashed less than a second and did not reboot to finish the installation before the test was with another hd with el capitan already installed Sorry for my englisch

Strange, i think i was at A16 then downgraded to A11 directly. I don't experience the issues above, but i'm wondering if I don't have other issues I don't know about.

What is the reason behind jumping firmware versions in that order? Should firmware be a direct over-write/image copy? not patching?

• Moderators

In my experience, if I downgraded from A16 to A11 directly, artifacts still occurred. I had to downgrade to A03 to reset something...unsure what. Then I could upgrade to A11 and artifacts are gone. In some Dell, I'll get an error if I jump from one BIOS version to another, stating a prerequisite version in between before I can upgrade to that specific version, if that makes any sense.

So if you don't encounter any artifacts from A16 to A11, then you don't need to worry about it.