Needing advice on booting Clover off hard drive

asr1981

First off let me say thanks to everyone involved with making OS X run off of non apple hardware possible.  I'm running El Capitan on a Dell Optiplex 9010 with the i7-3770 and a radeon hd 5450 using the hdmi port.  I had to install a few kexts to get the ethernet, sound, graphics card, and usb 3.0 ports running correctly.   My system runs great!  It's extremely fast and no glitches at all.  

But my problem is that I cannot boot without using the usb bootloader and I'm sure it's something simple but after searching and searching google and all the hackintosh sites and forums and trying various solutions I give up and thought I'd ask the fine people on here what I'm doing wrong. 

I'm using clover and I installed clover to the harddrive.  Booting from just the hard drive always causes a kernel panic and booting using the usb bootloader works perfectly fine..   My question is are there something I can do to clone the bootloader from the usb to my hard drive?    I've downloaded clover configurator but I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly.  I've been afraid of messing up my usb drive accidentally so I've left good enough alone but I'd like to fix the boot issue.  Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me :)

• Administrators

i have 3 of those machines they all boot clover from the hdd it's a bit slow to get to clover GUI but it works fine. like Jake said you can just manually transfer the EFI folder from the usb to the mounted hdd's EFI folder

Thanks guys... I thought I had copied the efi folder from the usb drive to the hard drive but actually I was making a mistake using using efi mounter v3....   I didn't realize I had to unmount the efi partition before I could mount the other one....   Anyway problem solved computer boots fine now lol... I feel stupid now haha..

@Bronxteck ->   optiplex 9010 is a nice machine...and it does take a few seconds before clover shows the gui.  Are you running multiple Operating systems or just OS X?     I have 3 hard drives in mine,  one of them is my Windows 7 drive...   But to boot it I have to go into Bios and change disk mode to Raid and UEFI boot back to legacy and it will reboot into windows.   I'm sure there's a better way to do it but for now I'm happy :)