Lenovo T430 El Capitan 10.11.5 - mini display port

gtown

Greetings. Just wondering if anyone here has successfully got their mini display port to work on a T430 1366x768 display with El Capitan. If you have, how?

I have tried Vietnam tool / MacPoison Tool with HD4000 mini display port fix but with no success. Works with Windows. I have tried mini display port to HDMI, DVI and VGA. Nothing.

AppleIntelFramBuffers set to 00 04 00 00. Clover Legacy Bootloader Clover v2.3 r3556.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Administrators

If your (mini) DP port is not working, you have no other solution than find out the correct FB adjustments to get it working. Once you've found out the correct settings, it'll be "rock solid" across the board. The HD4000 thread provides all the necessary info to get you going.

You will not get a generic/standard solution that fits all machines if that's what you're after. You'll have to experiment; that's Hackintoshing I'm afraid... To give you an idea, you may find inspiration in this thread (look at posts #5 to #8). It's for SB HD3000 outputs, but the principles remain exactly the same for HD4000 outputs.

Thanks for your reply.

No I am not looking for a standard generic patch. That is why I asked for info specifically to T430 1366 x 768 etc. According to the post you suggested earlier FB pins in my setup are correct to mini display port. This is what is confusing.

My Bios is currently set to Intergrated Graphics only with Optimus Disabled. Do I need to do any patching through my NVIDIA card and not the Intel card? The problem is if I have Optimus ON, my PC will boot into OSX, but about 3 minutes after boot, it just turns off and restarts.

Any T430 users with any success with this, please chime in.

Thanks.

• Administrators

Ha, now you mention Optimus and a discrete GPU ! It could very well be that your DP port is wired to the nVidia GPU.

This being said, if you would be kind enough to detail your FB binmod, we may progress. You did mention setting your connector type to 00 04 00 00, but which port did you use?

Ok. I have confirmed that mini display port on the T430 used Nvidia NVS 5400m and VGA port used Intel HD 4000. So now the next endeavour is to get the Nvidia card to work on this laptop. Not sure if that is possible? I have been Googling for answers, I don't see anything so far. Any suggestions?