D630 SL install, so close yet so far

Freedomrock

Dell D630 running 10.6.3, Intel Graphics, Dell 1395 Wireless - Installed using EDP 1.9.2

For the most part everything is running ok. Regarding my Dell 1395 wireless; do I need to replace or can I rebrand? Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have reviewed the archives and I am not real clear.

Are there any issues with upgrading this configuration to 6.8?

Thanks, FRock

Thanks if I can get this thing stable that sounds like the only solution. I have tried all 4 ps2 kexts and all have required a USB keyboard. I don't mind spending a few bucks. But if I am stuck with external input I will switch back to Ubuntu. I will still need different drivers but everything else works. I must be doing something wrong.....

I am going to try this one more time with a clean install. I reflashed A17 bios to default and changed SATA settings ACHP (sp?) enabled. I see there are Vanilla DSDT files. I am not sure if this is the way to go or even how, when,where to install them. I tried custom A17 bios but no improvement.

I format USB to GUID journaled

Use disk utility to restore retail 10.6.3 to USB

Download from wiki site Chameleon and the extra zip file

Download EDP to USB for D630 Intel Graphics 1.9.2

Install Chameleon to USB, I select all 3 options. This adds a boot file, and an extra file

Unzip Extras to USB replacing the Extra file from Chameleon

Boot off USB, format disk in disk utility, run osx install, reboot

Install Chameleon, EDP tool & configure in Terminal for D630 intel. Repair permissions, reboot. I tried all 4 ps2 kexts.

I have tried this a couple of times and it seems to work but I am stuck with USB keyboard and mouse. Am I missing something? I have scanned the forums and it seems many have had success so I know this should work. I would hate to get this close and give up.

If anyone has any thoughts throw me a bone. I really don't want to clutter up the forum keep asking for help. I am just a noob trying to find my way ...

Thanks again,

Freedomrock

Yes thanks,bios for Trackpad is on. I started over with fresh install. Trackpad now works but keyboard does not. I tried all 4 kext options. I think the 1st option worked best. I repair permissions and restart after each build. Frustrating .....Any suggestions? This is a D630 with Intel graphics.

Freedomrock - As a follow up...I removed the PS2 kexts installed into Extra by EDP. I used Kext Wizard and installed Alps keyboard/track pad kext. Keyboard works fine but trackpad is terrible.

Freedomrock - Final follow up...Raistlin5 sent me keyboard kexts that worked perfect. I now have onboard keyboard and trackpad. I have a wi-fi card on order. I am sure I will have more questions.

Edited by Freedomrock

Yes thanks,bios for Trackpad is on. I started over with fresh install. Trackpad now works but keyboard does not. I tried all 4 kext options. I think the 1st option worked best. I repair permissions and restart after each build. Frustrating .....Any suggestions? This is a D630 with Intel graphics.

Freedomrock - As a follow up...I removed the PS2 kexts installed into Extra by EDP. I used Kext Wizard and installed Alps keyboard/track pad kext. Keyboard works fine but trackpad is terrible.

Freedomrock - Final follow up...Raistlin5 sent me keyboard kexts that worked perfect. I now have onboard keyboard and trackpad. I have a wi-fi card on order. I am sure I will have more questions.

Howdy. I'm new to this forum but not new to hackintoshing a dell mini 9 before with no issues.

I'm now in possession of two Dell D630's (2GB, 80 GB HDD, X3100) and I'm having trouble getting the resolution past 1024 x 768 as well as having no trackpad/keyboard. I confess I don't have much experience in messing with the kexts or indeed which are the correct Kexts to use. I did have working WiFi though even though I seem to have a Dell Wifi Card??

I come from a real Apple Mac User background, but this is really no help in this regard as the install disks just work on real macs without messing with kexts, so I have very little experience (apart from the limited messing when installing to the Dell Mini 9)

What I could do with. is a guide on what to do after the installation finishes and it's time to reboot as far as kexts to validate etc is concerned. I've put on the USB stick:

Restored 10.6.3 from my real Mac retail disk (installed on USB)

Chameleon bootloader 2.0 RC5 (installed on USB)

the d630 Bootpack from the wiki (intel) as the extra folder

edp 1.9.2 (to install onto laptop after main install)

also have Kext Utility on the USB (do I use this to validate kexts?)

I read above that you also managed to get keyboard kexts that worked perfect from Raistlin5. Could you possibly send me these?

I think I've included all the info to give you an idea of my setup. OSX has just finished installing onto the HD. What next? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks. G

Update to above. My first D630 is now booting fine into OSX but has keyboard trackpad issues as well as resolution being stuck at 1024 x 768. Native resolution of one laptop is a bit more than the other too, which is wierd. One has the 800 vertical the other 900?? also one is 2.0 Ghz dual and the other is 2.2 GHz dual. both have different revision of the bios too. one is 13 one is 15.

Maybe all these issues are linked to bios? I dont know TBH so I'm looking into flashing the bios, so any advice in this regard would be appreciated. I feel like I'm almost there and I maybe I can get on with my life soon!! Fingers crossed. G