E6400: assistance to install SL 10.6.2

DUFRESNE611

I'm pretty new to this, but im good with computers, and would like some direction with installing OS X 10.6.2 on my Dell Latitude E6400, I don't have all the specs right now, but would just like some direction as to doing a fresh install of an OS X operating system on this. I appreciate any help and time that is given, thanks in advance.

Chris

• Administrators

You can only install a retail version of SL. Those are 10.6(.0), 10.6.3 and 10.6.8. You cannot install a recovery version if that's what you posess. You simply need to follow the myHack-based guide published in the EDP pages available at the very top of your page.

I'm sure there used to be a booptack but it never made it back so you'll have to scrounge the E6xxx section for kexts and files or we can help you build the bootpack once you provide your system specs (CPU model, chipset, graphics chip, screen resolution, LAN, wireless, SD card reader, etc.).

Please note that only the model fitted with nVidia GPU will run OS X correctly. The Intel GMA 4500 iGPU is unsupported so OS X cannot run with graphics acceleration on these models which makes it totally unworthy due to poor performance and defects.

• Like 1

That's cool, thank you for the help, but where do I start, and what do I download ? What are the steps to go through this, if its already here and there's a link, may I see that please, thank you for your time and efforts, they're very much appreciated. I'll get the Specs ASAP.