Dell Latitude E5550 with OSX?

Hi!

First of all, I am new here. I searched with Google and with the forum's search engine for E5550 with any OSX topic, but I found nothing. It's quite disappointing. Is anyone here who tried to install OSX on E5550? My notebooks specs are on the attachment. I hope somebody can help me. I'm familiar with Linux, so Terminal and another CLI based tools or methods are good for me. I have basic knowledge for Clover and for the installation method, earlier I installed Yosemite for Desktop PC with success (except audio). One more thing: I am using a second (external monitor) on VGA port, and an ASUS Xonar U3 soundcard.

Thanks guys,

vitat6atlan

post-95070-0-73540800-1466598187_thumb.png

• Moderators

You could follow my E7450 Guide, I just uploaded a bootpack in the Installation linked in the guide. Make sure to read all the notes and warnings before proceeding.

Your wireless card will need to be replace with a DW1560 or any compatible USB wireless device.

Thanks for your quick help. The tutorial is awesome, I easily completed the post install section and the prerequisites too. Everything went good until I tried to boot the installation media. I gave that kernel panic message what is on the attachment. I used the latest Clover from sourceforge. I skipped only this update section on 10.11.4, because I try to install a fresh 10.11.5: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-el-capitan-clover-guide/&do=findComment&comment=58699

Edit: tried boot once again, now does not load the bar below apple logo, just stuck. Starting in verbose mode get the error on second attachment. I have A12 BIOS on my laptop if it is a help info.

post-95070-0-17767000-1466681243_thumb.jpg

post-95070-0-21830100-1466684471_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

You need to follow the update section to replace the mouse kext VoodooPS2Controller and audio kext. Most bootpacks are created before 10.11.4 came out and so will have the version of VoodooPS2Controller that will cause KP.

• Moderators

When you find the value (s) where DVMT has to be set to the appropriate size, you need to create a boot disk with the EFI Shell, boot with the USB and then run these commands to change the size.

example

setup_var 0x15b 0x3

setup_var 0x15c 0x3