D430 freezes

jtok

Hi first of all big thanks for making mac osx on dell happened!

I got a problem with lion on a Dell D430. I followed the guide, installed edp with recommanded settings for the D430 and installed the bootloader. I boot into the new installed system and everything is working fine. Grafic, wlan, sound... But the system freezes after 15 minutes! I have disabled Speedstep but still no luck. Everytime the system freezes!

Maybe you can point me in the right direction to find out where the problem could come from.

Hi bronxteck thanks for your reply.

I checked the fan and cleaned it. I installed istat. The notebook was at 52c when it freezed again. The fan was running normal and the cpu usage was 10 percent. I really dont know why it is always freezing. Maybe i try to install snow leopard and see if it freezes also.

I was testing the last weeks a couple of configurations, but still no luck. I fixed permissions and installed combo pack on Lion but the freezes continue. I installed Snow Leopard and it freezes also. I removed the extra 1GB Ram, still no success. I noticed that always when I use wifi the freezes appear!! The wifi card I use is a Dell 1390. Maybe I should get a Broadcom wifi card on ebay like the Broadcom BCM4321 and rebrand it! Any help appreciated... This problem drives me crazy! :(

Ok, just want to drop a short update: I replaced the wlan card with a BCM4321, revision 03. No more freezes since the replace, the problem was really the old wlan card! The System runs now super smooth! :D Thanks Bronxteck for your support. MErry Christmas!