[D620] Kernel Panic after Lion install, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Kitten

Hello, everyone. I have recently updated my 10.6.8 D620 (Intel GMA950 1440x900) to 10.7.0. I have followed a guide for 10.6.0 which has since seems to have been removed (EDIT: after furious searching, as in a few seconds with the right parameters, here it is!), although I remember it being an almost completely vanilla install, and afterwards installed the 10.6.8 combo update. I then installed EDP v7 beta 8, copied the Extra folder from the root of the hard drive to the root of the USB, downloaded the Lion installer, and created a USB installer. I also saw a guide that said to use this Extra folder and this smbios.plist, so I did. I also installed the latest version of Chameleon to the USB. The install went fine, although I had to boot with -x. The initial boot also went fine, but I still had to use -x. If I did not use -x, it would freeze somewhere while booting. I set up my hackintosh, reinstalled EDP to the hard drive along with Chameleon, and installed "New" VoodooPS2 and VoodooHDA with the EDP Launcher. I installed both kexts directly to /S/L/E. However, when I rebooted, I was greeted with a kernel panic. The description seems to be "CPU 0 has no HPET assigned to it" (I am not completely sure if this is actually the description, however)(EDIT: sometimes the description is "No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly", such as when booting with only -v). I have tried the following boot arguments:

(none)

-v

-v -x

PCIRootUID=1 -x

cpus=1 ForceHPET=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -x

Please try to help if possible. I probably left a lot of information out, please notify me if so. I realize now that wiping the USB installer right after installing and setting up was definitely not the best idea.

EDIT: By the way, I forgot to put this my post, single-user mode does not work. It lets me type in the prompt for a few seconds, but then kernel panics the same way as above. And, once this whole mess is sorted out, would it be safe to update to 10.7.5?

• Administrators

wow leppys guide... what a blast from the past! if you used myhack or edp at some point then you might have double kexts installed especially if there in your extra folder and in s/l/e

the hpets issue is not a real issue it just looks scary.

• Administrators

Please install Lion with myHack tool + the D620 GMA950 HiRes Lion pack available here. Forget Leppy's old SL guide, it's deprecated nowadays.

Guidance for myHack installation is available in the EDP menu at the top of your screen.

the hpets issue is not a real issue it just looks scary.

Oh! Well, that's a relief.

Please install Lion with myHack tool + the D620 GMA950 HiRes Lion pack available here. Forget Leppy's old SL guide, it's deprecated nowadays.

Guidance for myHack installation is available in the EDP menu at the top of your screen.

Ok! So, I would have to... use another installation of OS X? This was my only device that ran OS X, so I'm not sure how I would use myHack. I may be able to borrow an actual Mac, however.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the guide ( http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/documentation/pre-installation/ ), and I'll follow it as soon as I find the time. But, hmm, the question is, should I install Clover or Chameleon? Well, I suppose I'll use Chameleon, seeing as it is the part of the guide that uses myHack, which you had suggested. Thank you for your help!

Ok, so, I finished the myHack guide, except when initially running myHack on the Mac itself, it did not ask me to support my own Extra folder. I decided to simply replace (delete original/move other) the folder, and it worked fine. The setup did ask me, however. All went well, until I had to reboot to install EDP. I had to boot into safe mode; else, it would hang on the "OSXLATITUDE" Apple logo eternally. After installing EDP and the reboot, it got stuck again. The final line in verbose mode is "SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0x2803, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff". I have not yet tried safe mode, I will try now and edit this post when finished.

EDIT: Safe mode displays the same thing.

• Administrators

If you read the thread I linked above, it says not to install/run EDP as it is not necessary. Unfortunately, you seem to confirm that EDP remains screwed up for our original D Series these days.

Just run myHack and if it does not prompt you to install the Extra folder, re-run myHack and choose "Install Extra" in the myHack menu, pointing to the downloaded pack from my D6x0 thread. that's all you need to do. Same goes for Chameleon, myHack may not install Chameleon automatically. So don't hesitate to download version r2468 and install it manually.

If you read the thread I linked above, it says not to install/run EDP as it is not necessary. Unfortunately, you seem to confirm that EDP remains screwed up for our original D Series these days.

Just run myHack and if it does not prompt you to install the Extra folder, re-run myHack and choose "Install Extra" in the myHack menu, pointing to the downloaded pack from my D6x0 thread. that's all you need to do. Same goes for Chameleon, myHack may not install Chameleon automatically. So don't hesitate to download version r2468 and install it manually.

Ahh, whoops! I didn't see that you linked to a different pack. Should I rerun the entire myHack installer, or only reinstall the pack? And does the 10.7.5 pack run on 10.7.0?

EDIT: Well, I'm actually running out of time here (going on a life-related trip soon), so I'll just try anyway and hope I don't mess everything up!

EDIT2: Running the Lion installer now! Do I need to install the pack to the hard drive too, or only the USB?

EDIT3: I have received an error when running the Lion installer, the line with the error states "OSInstaller[325]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occured while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg."" There is a lot more information, and at the end it states "The operation couldn't be completed. cpio read error: bad file format". I would be grateful if you or someone else could help me.

EDIT4: Ok, I had to recreate the Lion installer, but I finally have a functioning 10.7.5 install! For some reason, though, I have to install every update manually, as Software Update does not work. Thanks for all the help!