Screen Brightness-D620/10.72

ssprod

Greetings fine folks! Oddest thing, one I've never experienced before---> Picked up an inexpensive 620/IntelGMA, installed 10.7 updated to 10.7.2. All works fine, but the brightness isn't maxxing out the way my D630 or my wifes' D620 is, graphics work fine but illumination seems dim, even after I "pause" to max. ... any thoughts? Thanks, as always, for any help/assistance provided. ssprod

• Administrators

make sure you don't have the backlight sensor on in bios while there bring the brightness up to max on both screens bat/no bat. in osx you also have FN key and (look on the right side of the keyboard in blue) up and down arrows. also if that still doesn't work there are options in power management for dim screen on batt. and then theres also the gma brightness fix in edp. and also in chameleon there is a dakewake0 option.

make sure you don't have the backlight sensor on in bios while there bring the brightness up to max on both screens bat/no bat. in osx you also have FN key and (look on the right side of the keyboard in blue) up and down arrows. also if that still doesn't work there are options in power management for dim screen on batt. and then theres also the gma brightness fix in edp. and also in chameleon there is a dakewake0 option.

Thanks Bronx, will do these steps and report back. Once again, a faithful thank-you! ssprod