D630 El Capitan - Keyboard and Trackpad not working

Hanswurst

Hi all. 

Based on Herves Guide and the hint here in forum how to boot the first time I have successfully installed El Capitan. 

BUT: Same problem as two years ago with my Intel D630: Keyboard and trackpad are only working in the installer but not in the final installed OS. 

I also moved kexts to /L/E for a better boot time like suggested. But also no improvement to my keyboard problem. 

Any hint how I can fix that? The rest is working like charme :-) 

Thanks. 
Yours Simon

What I tried so far without success: 

I extracted all Touchpad/Keyboard Drivers provided by EDP to Desktop and tested them all (not at the same time :-) Driver after driver).

I also tried them with deleted VoodooPS in Plugins because I read this in a thread. 

Am I doing something general wrong? 

• copy kext to /L/E
  • sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
  • sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
  • sudo touch -f /L*/E*
  • sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Then reboot. In addition I have parameter CsrActiveConfig=3

Thanks. 

Yours Simon

• Administrators

Just use the kexts provided in the published bootpack, stay away from EDP (unless you want trouble) and use the specific PS2Controller kext of the bootpack. That's all.

The kexts go to /L/E and you repair permissions + rebuild cache with those Terminal commands you've listed above.

Hi Herve, all.

I upgraded my D630 with a T8100 Cpu and Copper MOD and I am really impressed. under stress test cpu does not go over 70 degree and graphics not over 80 degree both under 100% load for ~5 min. Great little working machine now. Temps during surfing are around 55c cup and 65c graphics.

But still keyboard problem: I am using for booting and afterwards in OS the same pack from here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8645-dell-latitude-d630-with-core2duo-and-nvidia-quadro-nvs-135m-el-capitan/

During installation it works, in OS regardless if Kexts are in /Extra or in /L/E they keyboard and trackpad does not work.

Has anyone a hint for me? I am close before trying clover, but I think this will make it even worse.

Thanks
Simon

• Administrators

Where is your ApplePS2Controller kext? If in /L/E, make sure you repaired the permissions of that folder and rebuilt the cache. I've no issue with the kexts of the pack I published and my D630 runs 10.11.6 without any mods to kexts.

If you get an error message at the end of cache rebuild process, just repeat the last 2 commands (touch + kextcache).

I got Keyboard and Trackpad working now.

The only difference I made was formating my OS disk as Journaled and not as "small/big letters journaled". Strange........

In addition: Before rebuilding caches I also did sudo touch -f /System/Library/Extensions to get it booting without -f option.