[SOLVED] E6430s El Capitan install - sleep problems

cellstorm

Hello,

I have tried to install El Capitan on a Dell E6430s, using the Latitude El Capitan Clover guide. Works out quite well, only having problems with sleep.

I tried to install twice, and precisely followed the instructions, but no avail.

I also followed point 11,

only thing I did afterwards was to run trimforce and set that the disk would mount with noatime options.

Sleep was working in Yosemite though, so I have some hope ;-)

going to sleep (by clicking it in the menu) works, but when it is ready to sleep (end of harddisk activity, powerbutton starts to glow periodically), it awakes again, with monitor black until I touch the keyboard, or click a touchpad button. When I have an USB Stick attached, It then tells that it was not ejected properly.

could somebody help me out?

• Administrators

You need to update your DSDT and apply the _PWR patches.

It's normal for OS X to report that a USB device was improperly ejected when computer wakes: at sleep time, power is cut off USB ports.

ok, successfully did that.

I used:

https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/usb/usb_prw_0x0d_xhc.txt

An alternate solution for "instant wake" using AppleUSBXHCI.kext is to use "USB _PRW 0x6D (instant wake)". You should examine your DSDT to determine what the relevant _PRW methods return to be certain the patch is appropriate for your DSDT. Also provided in the repo is "USB _PRW 0x0D (instant wake)" (0x0D and 0x6D are both common values for XHC/EHC/HDEF return from _PRW).