Help with dell latitude E6430 with NVS5200m

shahindoh

Hello everybody,

I've started trying to build a hackintosh for my dell E6430 (details in my signature) and followed many guides but without success.

The best I got thanks to the guide from Jake Lo here is having a mac boot with El Capitan with no Sound and a weird Nvidia chip 4Mo video card (which is the most important part for me as I'm a FCPX user)

Despite having tried like more than 50 times installs / builds / tweaks found on various forums / topics, never solved these issues...

I always tried to follow strictly the guides first, analyze the deviation between my results and the expected ones before starting to mess with the configs.

I decided to move to this guide : https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6372-dell-latitude-5x30-6x30-clover-install-guide/from Pokenguyen as he was mentioning a special config for Optimus which made me think "yeaaah that's going to solve my video card issues).

So I followed strictly the guide to install with Yosemite, built my USB stick installer, got Clover to launch on boot, selected "install Yosemite" and then seen an apple logo with no loading bar.

I rebooted, added -v parameter to get some info on this and noticed a Kernel Panic : com.apple.appleintelCPUpowermanagement.

Screenshot below will maybe reveal something I missed...

IMG_7206.jpg

Well I'm out of my depth here, I've exhausted all my ideas and my knowledge is not good enough to know what to do without asking for help more experienced users...

I don't understand how people who seem to have the same hardware as me got past where I'm stuck.

The guide doesn't specify anything on some additional BIOS options such as :

- Video Optimus : Enabled / disables

- Virtualization options to enable / disable (even if dart=1 in Clover boot args it seems to have some impacts on some installers)

And I'm wondering if it may have an impact...

Well if you can help me, that would be great.

I've been spending the whole past week trying without success...

PS : I'm also wondering about SMBIOS items I should select as I screwed some of my installs trying Mac models, not too sure if I should select 9,2 as I found on some topics.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Your pictures shows a KP on AICPUPM so you need to use NullCPUPowerManagement kext until you activate the AsusAICPUPM patch in Clover config or patch the vanilla AICPUPM kext.

If you want to use the nVidia GPU, you 1st need to enable Optimus in BIOS. Then I reckon you'd have to remove the Intel Capri kexts so that OS X makes no attempt to load drivers for the integrated HD4000 graphics.

All should be indicated in Jake's guide.

To be honest I'm not sure what is the best way to go from here, this is why I'm asking for some guidance.

I can rebuild a hackintosh El Capitan (10.11.6) with Jake Lo's guide or start over with Yosemite and the Pokenguyen's guide and try to fix the KP of the install.

Any recommendation is welcome, I'm quite lost...

Hi Hervé, thanks for the reply, I will first rebuild a fresh clean El Capitan with Jale Lo's guide and then come back with accurate concrete data on my issues. This KP is only since I retried and install with another guide for Yosemite install.

To be honest I'm not sure I understood fully your answer (I'm noob sorry).
Regarding optimus, I didn't find in Jake Lo's guide the setting I should set during the install stage.
This is not mentionned in BIOS settingsand I encountered various results depending the value of this.