E7240 10.11.6 No Audio or Facetime

Mildly Confused

Hi everyone this is my first post here.

Thanks to this excellent guide: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-el-capitan-clover-guide/ (and a little bit of my own intuition).  

I was able to install OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan on my Dell Latitude E7240 but im having a couple of issues.

• Audio or sound is not working whatsoever. When I go to the input and output sound settings they both say no devices (even when I plug in headphones.
  • Facetime wont work. It opens and the webcam works, but when I sign in I get a message saying "You cannot sign into FaceTime on this Mac at this time."
  • iMessage is not working either. I just realized but I believe it was working fine when I first installed OS X (Its not so important as I dont have an iPhone anyways)
  • I as going to say sleep when I shut the lid, but now it looks like its fine.

I am sure there is a way to repair these because people online have posted having a perfect system with the E7240 but I just can't seem to get these to work.

Please help if you have any ideas, it is very similar to a Dell E7440.

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

Audio will only work once you've patched the AppleHDA kext. Is it ALC3226 (ALC292) like on the E6x40? If so, I can give you patched kexts or, if you use Clover, apply the patch command you'll find in the packs posted by Jake in his El Capitan Clover guide for the Latitude / Inspiron laptops. Use Clover Configurator tool to examine Jake's posted config.plist for Clover.

FaceTime/iMessage/AppStore require the Ethernet card to be activated and configured as 1st network interface en0. Check that out in Network PrefPane or through Terminal app with ifconfig command. I reckon the LAN card is the same in the E7x40 series as in the E6x40 but, again, Jake's guide offers packs will all the necessary drivers.

Sleep should work OOB once you've got CPU power management fully working and eventual DSDT patches.

Yes it has ALC 3226 (ALC292), but I am also using clover as my bootloader.

Can you explain what I need to do to get it working. Its my first Hackintosh so its all a little confusing to me.

Also I went to About this Mac > System Report > Network  and it says that ethernet is en0. So I hooked up an ethernet cable and shut off WiFi but now it FaceTime says "An Error Occurred during activation. Try again."

Thanks Herve

• Moderators

Make sure you grab the latest AppleHDA_ALC292 from the Update section. Place it in /L/E, run the permission fix and rebuild cache.

Boot without cache (hit spacebar at the Clover GUI, and select it from the dropdown). If still no audio, run the permission fix and rebuild cache again (make sure no error). If error, run commands again. Reboot once again.

• Moderators

8. Repair permission and rebuild cache. Run command from terminal

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

See here for FaceTime

8. Repair permission and rebuild cache. Run command from terminal

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

See here for FaceTime

Trying to run commands and I get this error at the last one:

"Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[529] exited with status 77.

Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel"

Any idea what this means?