E6500

henghim

Thanks guys for the hard work.

I played around and got my d620 work pretty good, then I tried a install on my E6500. So far everything working good 10.7.2.

Not working:

wireless - had to use a dongle

Sleep / hibernate

Everything else works good and really snappy.

When I get a free moment I can write up what I did to get it working. It took me a few trys to get 10.7.2 to work correctly.

Thanks again for a great site!!!

I don't recall which version of Chameleon that I made the attempt with, but booting with graphicsenable=yes option set got full resolution working. Card showed as 'NVidia' but unknown type in the system profiler. There were no OSX drivers available from the NVIDIA website, the NV160M doesn't have any official support for the OS. If I'm feeling froggy over the next couple of days I might give it another shot, but I've got a D820 and a 4300 working flawlessly with 10.6.8 at the moment so it's not a really high priority. More of a science project really.

Thanks guys for the hard work.

I played around and got my d620 work pretty good, then I tried a install on my E6500. So far everything working good 10.7.2.

Not working:

wireless - had to use a dongle

Sleep / hibernate

Everything else works good and really snappy.

When I get a free moment I can write up what I did to get it working. It took me a few trys to get 10.7.2 to work correctly.

Thanks again for a great site!!!

If you had any more success, it would be great to know which model or method you used. I have a Precision M4400 which is almost exactly like the E6500 and it is working flawlessly with with the exceptions of:

Sleep / Standby

some keyboard key combos

volume keys (show the volume going up and down but the actual volume never changes - maybe this is correct and I need to use a different tool for volume)

I changed out the wireless so it is okay.

My big issue is that the battery is always showing 0% whether on AC or on Battery. Did your battery work fine from the start?

I have a 9 cell battery in the unit but I wouldn't think that makes a difference.

I updated to 10.7.2 but the video just went black like it didn't see the monitor (LCD panel) so I went back to 10.7.1 kexts for GeForce, GeForceGA, NVDANV50Hal, and NVDAResman to get it working again.

What version of the bios do you have? is it A27?

TIA