Dell D620 nVidia Installation Questions (10.7.5)

aeroxy

Hi, I just got an old Dell D620 and want to install OSX on it. I decided it would be wise to install Lion 10.7.5 on it and upgrade to El Capitan later if the system does run okay on it.

I do have some confusion since it doesn't seem to be documented on the website. I realized I best not use EDP after reading some threads in D6XX, but I am confused about Fullpack vs EDP.

My understanding is that, for D620 it is best to use the fullpack "D620_NV110m_10.7.5_Pack.zip," but how should I install it after the installation process? Do I simply unzip the file and use it as the bootpack when MyHack asked for it?

I follow this guide from the home page: http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/documentation/pre-installation/

However I was not prompted about Extra folder in MyHack...(I chosed to use GUID, no MBR patch).

Also about "Chameleon-2.3svn-r2468.pkg.zip," when and where do I use this file? Nothing is mentioned in the guide.

Anyways, thanks!

Yes, got that now. I guess the home page guide needs to be updated. I just disabled wifi (Intel) and now in the installation process.

P.S. I am not really into upgrading to El Capitan or new models anyways. I just want to have fun putting OSX into this laptop. Maybe I can use it as a TV box or something later.

Also when I tried to run the following commands I noticed a few problems:

sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions
sudo touch /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

First is that, shouldn't it be /System/Library/Extensions instead of /Library/Extensions?

Second, my Lion's kextcache doesn't have -Boot flag.