Yosemite clover boot pack | Optiplex 745

SeanOMik

I need a boot pack for a DELL Optiplex 745 for Yosemite. I have heard that its possible to install Yosemite on a Optiplex 745. I know that I will possibly need a graphics card, but I want to get it to work before I spend my money on a graphics card.

Specs:

• Intel Core2Duo E6400 @ 2.13GHz
  • 3GB RAM

I know its not a lot, but that's all I could find in the BIOS, I couldn't find what intergrated video I had. Please help me with this! Another thing is that when I attempt to boot the screen sits there like I never pressed enter to accept the option to boot from the USB. I don't know if that issue I just wrote is due to an incorrect boot pack. I have had success installing Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks on the desktop. The OS that it is currently running is OS X Mavericks.

• Administrators

Integrated graphics of Optiplex 745 is GMA3000 and that's totally unsupported under OS X. With a 10s Google search, you'd get this:

https://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/optix/en/opti_745techspecs.pdf

You have no choice but add a supported PCIe x16 graphics card if you want to run OS X on that type of desktop computer. That rules out Ultra Small Form Factor model. The Yosemite pack should be the same as the Mavericks one. If it runs Mavericks, it'll also run Yosemite and El Capitan. Sierra will not run on that E6400 CPU, it needs a SSE4-capable model.

There are plenty of threads related to the Optiplex 745 in the Dell->Desktop section of the forum.

Ok thanks for that information Herve, I was just wondering if you could give me the link for the generic extra the MyHack uses, I don't want to create a new install disk just to get the extra folder off of it. What kind of storage on the graphics card should I get, 512mb? Thanks anyway!

EDIT: One other thing, will a PCIe x16 graphics card work in the system? AKA, Does it have a PCIe x16 'slot'?