Few problems with my E6430

alexandervos

Hi there, I followed this excellent tutorial https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-el-capitan-clover-guide/

Thank you Jake Lo , and the rest of the community who supported me with this installation and my previous installation of the Dell E6330.

My previously hackntoshed laptop, the dell E6330, which I successfully installed Yosemite (pokenguyen method) has died. It couldn't boot anymore. Turns out there were problems with either the motherboard or the CPU. Looking into it, there were more people reporting problems with overheating issues. And I did not monitored any temperatures back then.

I have purchased another laptop, this time the e6430, 1600x900(intel HD 4000). I successfully installed the latest version of the El Capitan. The temperatures are fine this time. post-89802-0-21865700-1472904673_thumb.png

I only have a few problems/questions for it.

Since I dont want an other broken laptop. Can you guys verify I have installed everything correctly in some kind of way?

I was quite in a rush, because my university was closing(where they have Mac Computers) So I had to install it quickly.

Perhaps making a screenshot of my EFI folder? or SSDT file. Anyway, here is my EFI folder.

post-89802-0-57339600-1472905409_thumb.png

and here is the SSDT file SSDT.aml.txt

I hope you guys can help me with it, since I dont want another burned laptop. :P If you need any other file/screenshot please let me know.

And also there seem to quite alot of going on in the UEFI bios menu, is that supposed to be that way? post-89802-0-67185600-1472905559_thumb.jpeg

And lastly, bluetooth is not working, which I found strange, since it was working on my previous laptop, the dell E6330.

So i would appreciate if anyone can anyone help me with these problems, that would be great!

I have donated to your website btw, cause I really appreciate it having a mac laptop, since I need it for school and for making music.

Thanks.

I installed a IOBluetoothFamily.kext (which originally was for the e6530 found here on the forums)with kext wizard in S/L/E/ and manually dragged it in my EFI folder. Now I cant boot into OS X at all. Can not boot in to single user mode. Its just rebooting all the time. Clearly I installed the wrong kext, cause I get a KP right now. How can I boot to OSX again?

• Moderators

I installed a IOBluetoothFamily.kext (which originally was for the e6530 found here on the forums)with kext wizard in S/L/E/ and manually dragged it in my EFI folder. Now I cant boot into OS X at all. Can not boot in to single user mode. Its just rebooting all the time. Clearly I installed the wrong kext, cause I get a KP right now. How can I boot to OSX again?

Remove it from /S/L/E as well since you installed it with kextwizard.