Few problems with my E6430

alexandervos

• Administrators

yes you can either:

1, reinstall right over the existing installed OS

2, if you know exactly what you removed you can transfer it back manually from your usb installer (dont forget about permissions and caches)

3, use pacifist app to extract from an installer to the destination of choice depending on what it is extracting/replacing

• Administrators

You have the (usual) BCM20702A0-based DW380 fitted to E6x30 laptops ('got it in my E6230). You should see it listed in SysProfiler->USB devices. 

Either you patch the Broadcom BT USB controller kext using the method detailed in several threads of the R&D->Bluetooth section or you use Rehabman's kexts. I recommend the latter.

Good reading.

Ok and do I need BrcmPatchRAM2.kext place in S/L/E?

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

BrcmFirmwareData.kext

I understand that one these also need to be placed, also in S/L/E? I am using Clover. There fore my question.

And I want to reinstall El Capitan. I will unplug my windows 7 main drive.. Will the boot priority remain the same in clover: windows 7 > el capitan? (because I mostly use windows 7)

• Administrators

Follow what Rehabman wrote: copy BrcmFirmwareRepo + BrcmPatchRAM2 to /S/L/E, then repair permissions and rebuild your cache:

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

If you get an error message ('happpens frequently), re-enter last 2 commands (touch + kextcache). Reboot and you'll be done.

Basically, follow the instructions...

• Like 1

Thanks, that worked.

I have ran into a other problem right now. I decided to reinstall El Capitan. But right now it wont boot into the clover screen. So at the moment I can not choose which OS I want to boot. If both of my hard drives are plugged in, it boots directly into Windows, if the windows drive is unplugged, it boots into Clover, and boots to El Capitan.

When I try to add the clover entry to the top in BIOS, it says ''too many boot options''.  When F12 is pressed in BIOS, there are also lots of boot options.

I've found it strange because before this reinstallation of El Capitan, I could dual boot perfectly with Clover. Plus both are UEFI installed and with the rest of bios settings mentioned in the guide.
El Capitan seem to be a bit slower then before too. 

How can i dual boot again with clover?