Few problems with my E6430

alexandervos

• Administrators

I find it strange that you're unable to set boot order in BIOS; unless it's locked of course and you do not have the password... On my E6220/E6230/E6440 systems, I can set the disks boot order in BIOS.

For instance, in my E6440, I have a regular 3.5" SATA HDD (with Windows) + an mSATA SSD (with multiple OS X Partitions + Enoch bootloader). In BIOS, I can set 1st boot device from the displayed list of media (SATA HDD, mSATA SSD, USB, CD/DVD, floppy). If I set 1st boot disk to 3.5" SATA HDD, I'll always boot Windows directly (because that's all the system sees) but if I set 1st boot disk to the mSATA SSD, then Enoch allows me to boot any of the installed OS X partitions or Windows from the SATA HDD, since it's listed too. Ok, this is all legacy mode, but...

I can also manually overwrite this by pressing F12 at the BIOS POST logo to get a list of boot device to choose from. This is how people usually boot their USB installer (Press F12, select USB media). I'm surprised you cannot do the same with your E6430.

282i41v.jpg

34pkrqt.jpg

yes, very strange indeed. I had this since first installation. I couldnt add a boot option or set boot order. What even more weird is that it displays usb media (in the bios menu) which are already pulled out. Seems there is a bug with Clover. Quite a few people have mentioned it on the internet.