E7450 Sierra

offficial_florin

Hi,
Managed to install macOS Sierra on e7450.
I installed Clover rev 3763 and copy the Bootpack from:
https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-el-capitan-clover-guide/&do=findComment&comment=54632

But I left original Boot folder from Clover rev 3763, the one provided with bootpack was not working for me.

E7450 restart when I clicked on Macintosh SSD after Clover shows up.

I copied to library/extensions below kexts from EFI/Clover/Kexts/other/LE (check screenshot)

ACPIPoller.kext
AppleHDA_ALC293.kext
BrcmFirmareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext
EAODFix.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

I Repaired permission and rebuild cache. Results below:

MacBook-Pro-Marek:~ marek$ sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
Password:
MacBook-Pro-Marek:~ marek$ sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
MacBook-Pro-Marek:~ marek$ sudo touch -f /L*/E*
MacBook-Pro-Marek:~ marek$ sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
MacBook-Pro-Marek:~ marek$ sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
MacBook-Pro-Marek:~ marek$ sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
MacBook-Pro-Marek:~ marek$ sudo kextcache -Boot -U /
rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext EAPDFix.kext
kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC293.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIPoller.kext
KernelCache ID: E85D0D8D9767557E1FBC1E8E1D97097B
File at path '/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel' changed, cannot be used
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[569] exited with status 77.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

And it looks like they are loaded (check screenshot)

Bluetooth looks ok… check screenshot :)
No WiFi
USB looks good? (screenshot)

There are some graphic issues (check screenshot). setup_var 0x15b and setup_var 0x15c were set to 0x3

Touchpad stop to work when I wake the PC

I have to click power botton for a sec every time I restart PC, or if it goes to sleep, in order to get screen back to normal.

AppleHDA_ALC293.kext.zip installed with KextWizzard, speakers are available system preferences, but still no audio….

Another update: when PC wakes from Sleep, there is a pop up about ejected USB device.

I generated SSDT.aml and put it to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched

I uploaded my EFI folder and all screenshots to dropbox, feel free to download it:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ns120hva5m49ecd/AADpQmt_9eCAJoF4SmexBcIIa?dl=0

• Moderators

you have an error, rerun the last 2 commands until you have success

Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[569] exited with status 77.

To fix audio, enable ResetHDA in Config file

To fix wireless, add additional patch to KextToPatch

Comment
AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo
Disabled
Find
gflSqgAAdSk=
Name
AirPortBrcm4360
Replace
gflSqgAAZpA=

To fix the screen during boot, Enable Legacy Rom Option in BIOs
The USB popup is normal if you have USB plugged in before sleep

I have everything working, will post a guide when I have some time, been sick with the flu.

• Administrators

Error 77 -> your cache is not rebuilt properly. Redo the touch + kextcache commands or use the following alternative kextcache command:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

`
Pop-up message about an external USB device would be normal after Sleep/Wake: power is cut off USB ports at Sleep, unless you opt for the option to retain power to USB when computer is asleep but that's usually limited to having the computer plugged to mains.

Wow, Guys!

This solved most of my problems, actually two remains.

First touch-pad after PC wakes from sleep and auto unlock with Apple Watch.

Do you have any advice for Touch-Pad?

Auto unlock act strange, whenever I try to enable it in System Preferences I get error regarding two-factor authentication. 

I tried to disable it and enable it again, but same problem. Is there any difference between two step and two-factor authentication?