Working sleep on Intel HD 4000 and nVidia NVS 5200M on Dell Latitude E6430 (Optimus Enabled or Disabled)!

FrostyTheSnowman

Just to add up on my problem, I'll describe what I did to get the boot disk:

• First I tried what I usually do (at least with my Lenovo x220 works ok):
    • Installed the "Sierra installer" to the pendrive using the createinstallmedia tool 
    • Using clover mounted the EFI partition from the USB drive
    • Extracted the EFI folder from the FrostyTheSnowman bootpack and copied it to the EFI partition
    • Overwrote the ACPI folder and config.plist with the version attached by Jake Lo to the post (i7-3740QM.zip) and modified the config.plist file to correct the SSDT-aml error. 
    • Connected the USB pendrive to the laptop, setup the bios as per the instructions: AHCI enabled, secure boot disabled, Optimus enabled
    • Booted to clover, selected the usb entry and was greeted with a black screen.
  • Then, I opted to follow Jake Lo's procedure and created the USB installer following his guide, but using the bootpack from this post as described above.

Did I miss something?

Sorry, been away for a while - looks like this thread has been busy! :)

If you are using EFI to boot Clover, make sure 'OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi' is in the 'Drivers64UEFI' folder in Clover... I forgot to include this file in my pack as I use CSM to boot and simply forgot about it.

I plan to rebuild this pack for use with High Sierra shortly, but in the meantime including that file should allow you to boot.

Quick update - the current package works fine with High Sierra if Clover is updated and Lilu/IntelGraphicsFixup are included, except Nvidia which is not working.

I believe Nvidia issues are caused by SMBIOS/AGDP, as including NvidiaGraphicsFixup does not correct the issue.

Still working on the Nvidia issue, should hopefully be resolved once we know more about High Sierra's issues with Nvidia cards in general.

Well, one month later and no progress on the Nvidia-side with High Sierra... still encountering 'gIOScreenLockState' when using the NVS 5200M.

I'm still working on it, but who knows if I will get it sorted out any time soon.

On a side note - using the EXP GDC Beast 8.4d (ExpressCard) with an EVGA GTX 1050 Ti and an external monitor on my E6430 works fine under High Sierra with web drivers.