Working sleep on Intel HD 4000 and nVidia NVS 5200M on Dell Latitude E6430 (Optimus Enabled or Disabled)!

FrostyTheSnowman

You can do what I have did.1-s make your own SSDT using ssdtPRGen.sh patch. 2- Use mr. Frosty pack. Try to combine with yours.Use MB Pro 2 smbios.

Under clover, at startup, check drop ssdt under ACPI patching. I have e6530 to. The working of sleep enjoys me even i have some serious bugs.

How you succeed compile the DSDT?I opened and try to recompile again without applying no patches and i got errors ..

my DSDT (without patches applied) seems to be  identically with yours in bigger part. I want to try my luck with Apple HDA.I see that you applied something in your DSDT regarding audio...here is my original dsdt from clover

post-3948-0-80035400-1482655883_thumb.png

origin.zip

I just changed the code to

If (PM6H)
                {
                    CreateDWordField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0C._LEN, ECLN)  // _LEN: Length
                    Store (Zero, ECLN)
                }

If (LEqual (PM6H, One))
                {
                    CreateBitField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0C._RW, ECRW)  // _RW_: Read-Write Status
                    Store (Zero, ECRW)
                    If (PM0H)
                            {
                                CreateDWordField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._LEN, F0LN)  // _LEN: Length
                                Store (Zero, F0LN)
                            }
                }

If (LEqual (PM0H, One))
                {
                    CreateBitField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._RW, F0RW)  // _RW_: Read-Write Status
                    Store (Zero, F0RW)
                }
  • Like 1

Tried this bootpack after a new install of 10.12.3

E6430, A18, Nvidia, 1600x900 display (not Samsung), 16GB ram, tried optimus both ways.  I7-3720QM, Clover 4012

EDIT:  Boot is resolved:  frosty had optifix2 missing from his EFI drivers folder, once I added that, it booted.  VoodoHDA package included in Frosty's zipfile added sound.  As far as I can tell, everything is working as it should.  I haven't tried docking.

hi,

Thanks a bunch for this post, I got almost everything working, including sleep (when I switched to BIOS A18).
I have the E6430, 3720QM with 16 GB memory.
So far there are two things not working:
 - disabling Optimus in BIOS - it hangs on some IO message (and intel brightness complains about a missing helper)
 - display brightness doesn't work

I got sound working with VoodooHDA plus helper and I use UEFI to boot and need OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (or version2).

What can I do to fix the missing issues? Thanks a lot !

:wub: (Please read last paragraph if you don’t have time to read whole thing, last paragraph says everything I think I am desperate to know) :wub: . If you care with more time, then I appreciate your teaching me how to fix my Clover and Sierra nightmare. 

Hello thank you so much if you can help me I am almost ready to throw my new (to me) computer out the apartment window :( :( :( Please also forgive such long description of my issue, I have honestly attempted to not bother you guys with this because I felt like it might be so simple that I did not want to bother you with stupid question because I might not have read something right. 

It is Dell E6430 ATG  i7-3740QM Bios A12 (religiously downgraded to A03 then up after borrowing friend MS Windows 10 drive for downgrade and upgrade file), it is Mobile Intel® QM77 Express Chipset, it has one 8GB ram chip installed, 14.0” HD (1366x768) Wide View Outdoor Viewable LED, . 

So when I get this I first get because I believed after reading extensively Jake Lo and Frosty’s guides, that this would be a perfect matchine to install the Sierra OS on, because it seemed to have so many features such as easy to upgrade processor, easy access hard drive, expanding the bays with battery or extra hard drive instead of CD, that sort of thing. A friend has the E6220 and it works flawlessly even with Yosemite, absolutely everything works, so I believed this would be extra everything, and my friend's E6220 is Chameleon Loader but they told me Clover didn't look too hard to learn. So 10 days ago I began reading, BUT:

I installed according to Jake Lo’s wonderful guide (literally over 20 times, I believe I can do by heart now), Clover and Sierra . I did catch one mistake when I noticed that I did not install into L/E but rather in S/L/E so I corrected I think on the 10th time and yes went through step: Correct Permissions and step: Disable Hibernate and step: Transfer Kexts from Clover folder to L/E (I know I am typing in wrong order but I did do all these things in correct order according to guide). I even tried Peroke's guide from just above me even though Peroke put nowhere the specs so I crashed my EFI and nothing HDMI SLEEP nothing of Peroke's worked. :( :( but I am sure I am missing some essential knowledge. 

My friend with E6220 kept telling me over phone to make sure that EVERYTHING was being done correctly, especially as Herve’ said in one post I read about kext / cache (the sudo touch I think), because I was getting errors at first (no sound etcetera). So yes this was early mistake I make because several times it was saying error 77 or something like so I believed that that was ‘ok’ and didn’t pay attention. When I made sure to do this repeatedly, after sitting and copying into terminal the six or seven sudo touch chown etc commands, always on the THIRD time, it succeeds and says requesting reboot or something similar to this. 

So finally, sound works (yay!) I can at least watch something youTube while learning how to hackintosh (yes I never have done this before so please forgive my ignorance). But especially this says thank you to Jake Lo and Herve’ and all others who have done so much work explaining guides so wonderfully. Plus you too Frosty even thou your pack still crashes the sleep and does not HDMI <3 so I don't understand the difference between it and Jake Lo's. 

But two important things do not work, and I think these things are basic for any laptop, and should be told to anyone wanting to buy this model that if it truly is impossible to make work, should discourage everyone from getting it if this is the case, because only heartbreak awaits for them. 

:-P    1 SpeedStep does not work. Only after I by accident forgot to put the ssdt.aml (from the terminal script) into my EFI … ‘patched’ folder did SpeedStep almost work. When I accidentally left out, and in BIOS turned OFF ‘speedstep’ (read about turning off somewhere else on internet), my SpeedStep went to the absolute lowest (2.7 GHz) for processor, but no higher. It would drop below this when I was doing nothing on Laptop, but then only rise to 2.7 GHz when doing something. So the advertised ‘3.9 or 3.7 GHz’ is absolute useless right now. 

This is incredibly mind aching because it could be so much faster, but only performs this way under very accidental circumstance (If no ssdt.aml is made, and if BIOS speedstep is off). IF I PUT SSDT.AML (not yelling just emphasis) into ACPI folder, then I might as well glue my eyelids open because the processor goes below what someone might believe is possible. It is as if CPU was drunk, just .8 GHz, something no one ever hears.

:-P  2 Sleep crashes my machine. Frosty guide was the one that convinced me to purchase this E6430 even though he has amazing 3940XM i7 but his guide convinced me that no difference would make with processor mine being 3740QM. I travel often and this is so basic in laptops, maybe I’m in airport or bus station or sitting in library, and closing the lid on a laptop only to lose my writing or my MatLab is not good. Also terrible for battery always having machine "on with never sleep" this is good solution why? Because I want to carry around my AC power plug to every bus stop and airport all the time? Windows is better than this cruel fate!

I don’t know if I can edit a dsdt.aml file if this is necessary, since I have spent almost entire week learning how to even make a hackintosh Clover and EFI and these things. I wish I knew exactly what to say that my machine is, or what to put here so that someone might just tell me makes it impossible for my E6430 to have normal 3.7 GHz speedstep, and tell me if sleep is also impossible. I don't want "real mac" because I need eSATA options and more rugged option for travel and simply I don't like no options with macbooks. But if I can confirm this E6430 was terrible choice please I would rather do that than spend another minute with useless struggle. (Everywhere now I am reading if something has Optimus than it will never work. Depressing  :oops: )

I am so frustrated with my choice, if anyone could just tell me to abandon this laptop for poor initial choice I would be so grateful, as I cannot describe the misery attempting all these fixes and EFI bootpacks and guides thinking that maybe this machine isn’t ideal for hackintosh. Any help is so greatly appreciated you have no idea Ana

post-113631-0-73176600-1506195187_thumb.jpgpost-113631-0-48607400-1506195189_thumb.jpgpost-113631-0-08573900-1506195193_thumb.jpgpost-113631-0-60955300-1506195195_thumb.jpgpost-113631-0-57022400-1506195199_thumb.jpgpost-113631-0-65586500-1506195206_thumb.jpgpost-113631-0-00752900-1506195212_thumb.jpgpost-113631-0-39670100-1506195220_thumb.jpgpost-113631-0-41423700-1506195229_thumb.jpgpost-113631-0-95733100-1506195238_thumb.jpgpost-113631-0-20372800-1506195246_thumb.jpgpost-113631-0-54749000-1506195256_thumb.jpgpost-113631-0-20684900-1506195265_thumb.jpg