Working sleep on Intel HD 4000 and nVidia NVS 5200M on Dell Latitude E6430 (Optimus Enabled or Disabled)!

FrostyTheSnowman

Oh! So stupid of me! I did try turning on that option but system froze and I learned how to use Clover USB to save myself! :D

I could not find any more information so I decided to just wait to hear your thoughts before attempting anything else. I am confident enough with system and current config to transfer work files on it and take myself to wifi and have coffee :) 

Jake Lo do you have any thought about why the GHz ceilings and the 3.5GHz limit? It seems interesting that it is so close to 3.7GHz but just doesnt' get there! 

Jake? Could this be significant? 

I was spending more time familiarizing myself with all the parts and nomenclatures inside Clover Congifurator, and when I was in ACPI sidebar, I looked at the "SortedOrder" box at the list of .aml files, and recognized all of them from the work you help me with. 

I saw

SSDT-aml

SSDT-7.aml

SSDT-XOSI.aml

SSDT-PNLF.aml

and realized that 3 of 4 files use ".aml" as ending but SSDT-aml does not, it is just "-aml" with dash instead of "." and I then wondered if this might explain why when I removed it (ssdt.aml) from Patched folder in many cases it seemed to have no effect? Because the config.plist has not seen the ssdt.aml file from the very beginning is my suspicion? 

Should I rename something here? In Clover Configurator box to correspond with the ssdt.aml file in Patched folder and reboot and test? I don't know if renaming will break my boot like the HWP box did before. 

post-113631-0-98337300-1506385627_thumb.jpg

No change :) I renamed it inside of Clover Configurator to SSDT.aml and upon reboot, set BIOS to Default (with AHCI change) so test would be normal as when you first helped me, and results were unchanged, just reporting back :) I have left the name-change (SSDT.aml) in Clover but changed the BIOS SpeedStep OFF /TurboBoost OFF so I wouldn't have the intermittent PMU-Ceilings as before :) 

Jake maybe is there way to dump info from the state of my laptop into a file so that more expert-eyes can see if everything is properly loaded? If there is something I can do so that you can properly diagnose please let me know I will be happy to install / run script. I read in some other forum I don't recall now but I heard someone saying that there is terminal command or kext that dumps information so others can confirm certain things if necessary. I am going to update the BIOS to A13 when I get home as you suggested. I think tho that is just for Optimus artifact and not for Speedstep. 

I updated my BIOS to A13 as you suggested Jake but then got the glitches and artifacts appearing constantly. The glitches are all over all the windows and file names and icons so I downgraded to A12 again, and the glitches went away. Posting this for you and others in case it might be useful knowledge. 

I have an E6430 / i7-3740QM / NVS-5200M / 1366x768 / 4GB RAM / A12 laptop and I've been trying to install it using the bootpack provided by FrostyTheSnowman in this thread and the customized DSDT for the i7-3740QM that Jake Lo added a few posts back that already sets the GUI to 1366x768 and customizes the ig-platform-id setting to 0x01660003.

I boot from my pendrive  with the custom EFI folder added and after clover shows up and select the option to boot from the pendrive I only get a black screen. I suppose it is some kind of issue with the nvidia card, but it was supposed to be fixed with the bootpack and SSDT.

any idea why even the installer won't show up?